Will Christian Wade make the Bills' final 53 in 2021?

Shaw66

Will Christian Wade make the Bills 53 in 2021?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. What are the chances Christian Wade makes the Bills' final 53 in 2021?

I keep coming back to Wade.  We saw the flashes of his talent in the 2019 preseason - he has NFL speed and escapability.   Obviously, he has zero football experience.  

His talents would be a great addition in the Bills' backfield, but does his inexperience make him a liability?   He has said that the hardest thing for him to learn has been blocking.  I'm sure Josh Allen loves to hear that.   

Bills need a punt returner and kick returner, and his skills fit there, too.   But are the Bills really going to trust him to make the right decisions on those plays?

Missing the 2020 preseason really hurt him.  

As much as I like the idea, I think he's less than 25%.

• Agree 1

I voted 0 to 25%, but after I voted, thought about it some more.  With Roberts gone, maybe he makes it as the return man?  They haven't yet signed anyone for that role, McKenzie not signed, so maybe that's the Bills plan.  Then also let him play some as a RB too if one of the other two gets hurt during the game or even as a change of pace to the other two.

My fear would be giving the job to a guy who's never returned kicks in an NFL.  Don't know much of anything about Rugby, maybe that's something as a former rugby player, he's done that for years in some equivalent part of the game.  Punts would be the dangerous part where you have guys bearing down on you from all directions and not lose concentration on making the catch first.  But maybe that's a normal part of rugby?

If that is the Bills plan at all, likely too they have had him return a boatload of kicks in practice too.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

Theres 0 chance this guy ever makes the final roster. I dont understand how people keep thinking he has some kind of value to the team. If it wasnt for the PS exemption he'd never of made the PS.

I think you underestimate the level of his talent.   When the Bills were preparing for the Ravens, Wade was the guy who played Lamar Jackson on the scout team, because he was the only guy the Bills had with that combination of quickness and speed.   

The guy is really talented.   It's only a question of whether he can learn enough to play the game. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I think you underestimate the level of his talent.   When the Bills were preparing for the Ravens, Wade was the guy who played Lamar Jackson on the scout team, because he was the only guy the Bills had with that combination of quickness and speed.   

The guy is really talented.   It's only a question of whether he can learn enough to play the game. 

I dont underestimate anything. Hes an athlete that was able to play scout team (non contact) and simulated Jacksons speed... He is not a RB or an NFL caliber player... You over exaggerate his abilities. 

• Eyeroll 1

For purposes of this poll, I choose to be as optimistic as possible!

He’s talented out the wazoo, an exemplary teammate, and a great breakfast emcee; how can he miss?!

besides, if he does put it all together I want to be on the list of those that said he would…fatalism be d@@@ed...

22 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Interesting that Beane said yesterday that they don't have an in-house answer for PR/KR right now.

I didn't know that.   That pretty much closes that door for Wade, and I'm not surprised.