Thanks and Farewell to Matt Barkley

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Class act and staunch support to Josh on the sidelines.  Also sometimes funny guy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMkxbeKhwAM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

image.thumb.png.6b1dd171a8ca692378213d4819abbd93.png

A Pick-6 off Matt Barkley indirectly gave us our safety Jordan Poyer!!!!

And my favorite after he came in the game for 1 play and got hammered:  "I hope Joey Bosa's all right!"

(can't find the tweet now)

If you've got a cool Barkley quip or clip, put 'er here (be nice, he was a good teammate)

Thx for great post!   Also Tasker mentioned on Buffalo fanatics YouTube show  ( Rico host) this week how much Barkley’s wife did for the other players wives /so’s) during their time in Buffalo. She made them feel cared about and helped them adjust to the NFL/ Buffalo. So loss goes beyond Matt and affects culture here. Plus / minus on this move for just a one year stay will be determined, esp if ( hopefully) he doesn’t have to see the field. Tribusky with 29 NFL wins under his belt so that is something Matt didn’t have. Beane stressed we were a game  away from SB , but hey if Barkley was good for last year , I find it hard to believe an insurance policy , no matter how good ( hey he will never be josh) gets you closer.  Esp with d line not better with exception of star a year older.

Beane did say they believe in our capacity to run with our guys but they will still look in draft at line, rb options and made a point lots of vets will be cut later as teams drafts come into play etc.  Also thought same about pats going back to future of offense with gronk / Hernandez type 12 personel use. Said Frazier will need to Solve  that!  ( good luck cuz our D response to kc twice was not Einstein like !) 

Edited by DrPJax
  • Like (+1) 3

A truly good person and incredible teammate. I completely understand why the team made the move, but it still sucks to see him go. I think the idea is thrown around too often, but if they could keep him around in some sort of coaching or assistant role, I think he would be great. If he has any interest in that sort of thing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Guy is a class act.  Good luck Matt.  You did great for us and the team.  Maybe he can go Fitzy and extend his career. 

From Wikipedia:

Personal life[edit]

Barkley's cousin, Robbie Boyer, was a walk-on at USC during Barkley's freshman, sophomore, and junior years.[2] Barkley's younger siblings, twins Sam and Lainy, attend USC.[101]

Barkley is a Christian. During Christmas 2008, Barkley went with a group of friends and family to help run an orphanage in South Africa.[13][17] For Christmas 2010, he spent his winter break in Nigeria "visiting orphans, widows, villagers and prisoners, doing construction work, distributing supplies and gifts and sharing daily fellowship."[102] In 2012, Barkley led a group of 16 USC football teammates to Haiti, where they built houses and delivered more than 2,000 pounds of supplies for orphanages and schools.[103] He appears on I Am Second, sharing the story of his Christian faith and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.[104] At the beginning of his USC career, Barkley befriended former USC Olympian, World War II prisoner of war and inspirational speaker Louis Zamperini.[3]

Barkley married his high school sweetheart Brittany Langdon, a year after he graduated from USC, in July 2013.[105] In December 2014, she announced via Twitter she was pregnant.[106] Their son was born in 2015.[107]

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That ***** eating grin he had on his face when Josh was getting a talking to from McD for getting an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty will always make me laugh. 

Also his hilariously wide open TD to Dion Dawkins in that Jets game to just really rub it in that they were getting torched by our backup QB who had been in the building maybe a week. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Thanks Matt.  You’re a good dude and a good fit in Buffalo even if you’re a so cal beach bum at heart.  I appreciate ya and I’m pretty sure the mafia appreciates and loves you!  Good luck and don’t give away our secrets if you join another team

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Class act and staunch support to Josh on the sidelines.  Also sometimes funny guy.

Absolute class act and I wish him and his the best.  Great Bill.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Matt....you don't have to leave Buffalo.  The people there are good.

You've made enough money.  You and your wife can be Spin Instructors in Orchard Park.

The common Man of Buffalo isn't in orchard Park 

Open it up on Fillmore and East ferry .. they need spin instructors too

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMkxbeKhwAM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

image.thumb.png.6b1dd171a8ca692378213d4819abbd93.png

A Pick-6 off Matt Barkley indirectly gave us our safety Jordan Poyer!!!!

And my favorite after he came in the game for 1 play and got hammered:  "I hope Joey Bosa's all right!"

(can't find the tweet now)

If you've got a cool Barkley quip or clip, put 'er here (be nice, he was a good teammate)

this is who we are! This is classy! Go

Bills. #billsmafia