Thanks and Farewell to Matt Barkley

The dude had heart so that was great.

I’ll never forget when he totally shredded the Jets. It was a damn hall of fame performance. 

At the end of the day tho, I’m glad we never really got to see him play that much. It would not have ended well.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Jeebus, Man, what crawled up your nose?  It’s an appreciation thread.  A chance for fans to express positive memories about Bitcoin Barkley.  Why is that a problem for you?  If you don’t have any positive memories and don’t want to express appreciation, Move Along!

I could be mistaken, but I believe Tyrod Taylor had a thread like this when he was traded

I’m not exactly sure what your point is, except that opportunity to push the narrative that Taylor was somehow unfairly treated and under-appreciated seems to excite you.  

It’s not that deep haha. I routinely said he is a nice guy. But he is not a good nfl qb and got paid millions. There’s his appreciation. And a lot better qbs than him that played in Buffalo got treated a lot worse than him when they left here. It’s just weird. But I’m bowing out because you dare better not talk bad about Matt Barkley. 😉

Im not saying the Bills would, but has anyone heard if the NFL will have some type of veteran exemption on the practice squad like they did for 2020? If so, if MB doesnt sign anywhere, would the team bring him back for the QB room or maybe be the "covid" QB for 2021. I know some people dont think he is a "good" backup, but surely everyone could agree he would make a good "emergency" QB.

Even if this doesnt happen, Im sure they will have his # close by. Heaven forbid, if any of the QBs get hurt/covid/etc I'd say he would be one of the first people contacted since he knows the system, good teammate, etc!