Thanks and Farewell to Matt Barkley

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I’ll always remember his renegade dance

Yep, that and his part in the 12 days of Xmas.  I thought he was 5 golden rings.  He was a class act here, and when we needed him in that Jets game, he was awesome destroying them.   Mitch is probably the better QB.  I was a little surprised he took the offer as he has zero chance to get on the field unless Josh is hurt.

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

He was great to have hear as our back-up QB, and our best cheerleader.

One of my favorite Barkley stories was that spider he found in his basement. Does anyone still have that thread?

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/matt_barkley_shares_pic_of_horrifying_spider_spotted_in_his_buffalo_home/s1_8061_28912493

No thread though

• Thank you (+1) 1

He got paid, got a reputation as dependable and a good teammate, had very few injuries and was respected by his teammates and coaches.

He has a chance as backup QB especially on a team with a QB with not much professional experience if he is still interested.  Maybe even a PS player if the rules remain the same.

Good luck.

Thanks Matt...you're a class act and we were proud to have you on the Bills! Thanks for everything you did for Josh and the team!

Two-and-a-half seasons is not a long time, but you'll forever be a Bill to us. The best of luck to you and your family going forward. 

2 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

I’m not so sure he’s done. Trubisky can be flipped for very nice value. 

Don’t see them letting him go until next year.  Never can tell, maybe he becomes happier as a backup on a WINNING team!  Depends on Fromms development as well. I am not even sure Beane will trade him next year since he’s on a one year deal and can probably just walk unless we get huge cap relief to somehow extend him first, as a backup.  The one grace saving scenario regarding paying for our backup more than expected would be if a certain Qb sustained an acl injury running, fighting instead of going down , the whole season might remain viable.   TB12 had one bad season like that, ***** happens.

But on topic, no way I see them let him go this year for anything reasonable cuz he was brought here for one reason only , keep hopes of SB alive should our starter be out 3-4 weeks.  You don’t trade that away before the trade deadline as playoff scenarios won’t be set by then. However , if a starter elsewhere goes down and they offer us an edge like jj watt, plus a tackle or elite rb, and next years first,,,,,thanks for your service Mitch !  Fromm, you can stand on the sideline this year as well! 😀👍😈. More it sinks in, the more I see it as another slick Beane move.  Man, that guy is hard to not love; transparent as much as possible, empathetic ( made sure to call Matt and explain whole scenario BEFORE THEY DID IT ),  is very open and affable with the press Corp ( compare a presser with him compared to the B###hy Belicheck) is available to fans, is available to players according to J po ( Hyde’s nickname for poyer) as he is down on the practice field all the time, set out his franchise building plan and stuck to it , looks good in sunglasses and a suit, etc!  Also of great importance is he gets along well with Mcd with a shared vision of team and culture.  Was even open about trade value ( both need to feel a little uncomfortable) , and did mention they talked to gronks people. NO OFFER was ever made tho as he said “it would be an upset for gronk to leave Tom”!  Wonder if wifey TB12 fits same odds category!?   So obviously things with Eagles are not fair yet in Beanes eyes for ertz. If you didn’t catch the Beane / Mcd presser on YouTube , it is worth 25 min with great insight. 

8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Yep, that and his part in the 12 days of Xmas.  I thought he was 5 golden rings.  

Oh, man ... you just reminded me of that very disturbing mouth/jaw movement.  Now I'm glad he's gone.

• Haha (+1) 1

C’mon Gugs, that was funny.  I actually loved all the light stuff with the snowball fight, the Xmas song, and so on.  It kept them loose through the first two rounds of the playoffs.

Barkley was what this team needed for three years.  He helped in 2018 when Allen went down.  I’m thankful for that piece and Mitch is an upgrade.

11 hours ago, LEBills said:

His last pass as a Buffalo Bill was a 56 yard touchdown to Gabe Davis to finish the Fish beatdown week 17.

Not too shabby, Matt. Thanks for helping Josh the last few years. Good luck in the future.

And wasn’t one his last handoffs that long touchdown run by Singletary? If I recall correctly it was his only play in the game. 

7 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Don’t see them letting him go until next year.  Never can tell, maybe he becomes happier as a backup on a WINNING team!  Depends on Fromms development as well. I am not even sure Beane will trade him next year since he’s on a one year deal and can probably just walk unless we get huge cap relief to somehow extend him first, as a backup.  The one grace saving scenario regarding paying for our backup more than expected would be if a certain Qb sustained an acl injury running, fighting instead of going down , the whole season might remain viable.   TB12 had one bad season like that, ***** happens.

But on topic, no way I see them let him go this year for anything reasonable cuz he was brought here for one reason only , keep hopes of SB alive should our starter be out 3-4 weeks.  You don’t trade that away before the trade deadline as playoff scenarios won’t be set by then. However , if a starter elsewhere goes down and they offer us an edge like jj watt, plus a tackle or elite rb, and next years first,,,,,thanks for your service Mitch !  Fromm, you can stand on the sideline this year as well! 😀👍😈. More it sinks in, the more I see it as another slick Beane move.  Man, that guy is hard to not love; transparent as much as possible, empathetic ( made sure to call Matt and explain whole scenario BEFORE THEY DID IT ),  is very open and affable with the press Corp ( compare a presser with him compared to the B###hy Belicheck) is available to fans, is available to players according to J po ( Hyde’s nickname for poyer) as he is down on the practice field all the time, set out his franchise building plan and stuck to it , looks good in sunglasses and a suit, etc!  Also of great importance is he gets along well with Mcd with a shared vision of team and culture.  Was even open about trade value ( both need to feel a little uncomfortable) , and did mention they talked to gronks people. NO OFFER was ever made tho as he said “it would be an upset for gronk to leave Tom”!  Wonder if wifey TB12 fits same odds category!?   So obviously things with Eagles are not fair yet in Beanes eyes for ertz. If you didn’t catch the Beane / Mcd presser on YouTube , it is worth 25 min with great insight. 

Trubisky is the perfect chip to throw in for a team in need of a bridge QB that has a veteran pass rusher it is willing to deal.  Trying to win it all without a premium edge rusher is more difficult than trying to win it all without a premium backup QB. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

MB has been a good teammate all around, best wishes to him and his family.

• Like (+1) 1

Eh. Great dude but he was a terrible qb who was barely nfl level who got paid millions of dollars to play on a really good team. Wish him well but he got paid a lot more than he was worth. In other words, I’m super jealous haha. 

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Trubisky is the perfect chip to throw in for a team in need of a bridge QB that has a veteran pass rusher it is willing to deal.  Trying to win it all without a premium edge rusher is more difficult than trying to win it all without a premium backup QB. 

I love MT as a backup but no one is trading for him to be a starter.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97