Sammy Watkins in Buffalo

53 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t, especially if Watkins is healthy. Small gadget players are a dime a dozen.  Watkins would be our fastest receiver (again if he healthy, which is always a concern with him).

I agree with you that small gadget guys are a dime a dozen, which is why the Bills are in no rush to sign McKenzie. 

But Watkins has played in the NFL like 6-7 years. So we know what he is. He is not a #1 or #2 receiver. He’s not really a slot guy.  He is not a gadget guy that runs jet sweeps and screens. He’s not a speed guy. He’s not even a decoy anymore. He’s not anything. He just sucks away a roster spot because he is utterly ineffective at whatever he does.

I guess maybe what you might compare him to is owning a super expensive and powerful convertible, when you live in Siberia. It will give you a good ride one time per year. But it otherwise costs a ton of money and takes up space in your garage. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I agree with you that small gadget guys are a dime a dozen, which is why the Bills are in no rush to sign McKenzie. 

But Watkins has played in the NFL like 6-7 years. So we know what he is. He is not a #1 or #2 receiver. He’s not really a slot guy.  He is not a gadget guy that runs jet sweeps and screens. He’s not a speed guy. He’s not even a decoy anymore. He’s not anything. He just sucks away a roster spot because he is utterly ineffective at whatever he does.

I guess maybe what you might compare him to is owning a super expensive and powerful convertible, when you live in Siberia. It will give you a good ride one time per year. But it otherwise costs a ton of money and takes up space in your garage. 

We also know he’s not a process guy either. Not even close.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, without a drought said:

That might be tough on a one year deal.

My understanding is that the thinking goes like this:

*  Trubisky has a solid preseason.  He will take most of the snaps.

*  A lot of NFL GM's will be paying close attention to what's going on in the Bills training camp with respect to Trubisky.  So say he has a solid training camp.

* Then the fall roles around and a good team's starting QB goes down.  At that point what might Trubisky be worth in a trade?  Especially if the Bills like what they saw from Fromm in TC & PS.

11 hours ago, CSBill said:

People can change. Give him the chance to prove it.

Ability wise, on the right affordable one-year deal, he would be a great signing.

For me, to many other players available that you don't have to beg to have desire and effort every down. I hate the fact he bailed, and wined now may want back....our team strength is too good for the likes of him.

Also, if he will take less $$$$ why not stay with Mahomes. KC doesn't want his injuries and effort either.

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I think beane signed trubisky to trade him in the future, if by some chance we sign Watkins, I believe it'd be for the same reason 

Interesting thought.

If you were Beane, do you really want to have to trust Fromm though if we are on a Super Bowl run and JA goes down for a few weeks to a month?

11 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Interesting thought.

If you were Beane, do you really want to have to trust Fromm though if we are on a Super Bowl run and JA goes down for a few weeks to a month?

as opposed to Trubisky?  Coin toss.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Interesting thought.

Are you saying Jake Fromm-state farm will deny your claim at the time of need?

1 minute ago, djp14150 said:

Are you saying Jake Fromm-state farm will deny your claim at the time of need?

Since he’s unproven, it’s quite possible. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

as opposed to Trubisky?  Coin toss.

Really?

Not saying Fromm is bad (we don’t know) but Trubisky at least has played in and won many games. And, his stats aren’t as bad as his rep seems to be.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Since he’s unproven, it’s quite possible. 🤣

Really?

Not saying Fromm is bad (we don’t know) but Trubisky at least has played in and won many games. And, his stats aren’t as bad as his rep seems to be.

What part of the season could Josh miss a month and the Bills still be in a SB run?  Neither of those other 2 guys are winning 3 of those 4 games.

3 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

The good thing is Sammy needs no more money. 

Can we count the money he screwed us out of when he was here by not taking his job seriously as a positive against the cap to give us room?  If that’s the case sign him up.  If not he and his glass foot adds little value IMO

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What part of the season could Josh miss a month and the Bills still be in a SB run?  Neither of those other 2 guys are winning 3 of those 4 games.

Don’t need to necessarily win 3 of 4 in a SB run. .500 ball is acceptable.

Bills lost two in a row last year on their way to the AFCG. Heck, even the Pats have had a SB run (and won it) losing two out of four.

To each his own, but with us being contenders, I’d rather have the guy who has had some experience if we needed him for a stretch. Hopefully it won’t come to that though and we have JA the whole year again.

Edited by BillsFan619

56 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol you have Stidham.

You’re fetish is unparalleled...even here

48 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Don’t need to necessarily win 3 of 4 in a SB run. .500 ball is acceptable.

Bills lost two in a row last year on their way to the AFCG. Heck, even the Pats have had a SB run (and won it) losing two out of four.

To each his own, but with us being contenders, I’d rather have the guy who has had some experience if we needed him for a stretch. Hopefully it won’t come to that though and we have JA the whole year again.

Doomed either way without JA

19 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t, especially if Watkins is healthy. Small gadget players are a dime a dozen.  Watkins would be our fastest receiver (again if he healthy, which is always a concern with him).

He can sure run, he can sure catch but he cannot do it at the same time. IMHO. 

18 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

The good thing is Sammy needs no more money. 

The  ad thing is he only plays for money,  which is why he left. Short arms. 

He plays to look good, not to be good. Similar to Jarius Byrd.