Sammy Watkins in Buffalo

8 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Rappaport just reported he broke his foot getting off the plane. 

8 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I thought I heard his mouth was involved in this incident

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

He can sure run, he can sure catch but he cannot do it at the same time. IMHO. 

The  ad thing is he only plays for money,  which is why he left. Short arms. 

He plays to look good, not to be good. Similar to Jarius Byrd.

He was their leading receiver during their super bowl championship. Talent has never been the problem. He is just made out of glass. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Was Rappaport on the ground doing pushups while reporting it from losing a "tiny tennis" match to Arnold in a wig??

12 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

He must have stepped off the edge of the earth by mistake.  Damn near fell off I heard too.

I was thinking along the same lines. There was a time where Buffalo was regarded as the end of the earth in NFL standards. Sammy might just think that’s still true...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He was their leading receiver during their super bowl championship. Talent has never been the problem. He is just made out of glass. 

I agree, talent is not the problem. Durability on the other hand has been. Watkins has always shown a somewhat unique ability to stop dead in his tracks from a full run. Myself personally, Sammy's body is not able to hold up under the kind of pressure/ punishment his mind is telling it to in my humble opinion Biscuit. Its to bad because Sammy's ability to adjust on the fly and size would fit well with Josh Allens long range laser cannon capabilities IMO

Plenty of heart and talent IMO...

Edited by Figster
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

I agree, talent is not the problem. Durability on the other hand has been. Watkins has always shown a somewhat unique ability to stop dead in his tracks from a full run. Myself personally, Sammy's body is not able to hold up under the kind of pressure/ punishment his mind is telling it to in my humble opinion Biscuit.

Plenty of heart and talent IMO...

Disagree with the heart thing....talent yes...frail yes, heart???

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Production has been a problem even when healthy.

I don’t think he’s really been healthy since he broke his foot here and rushed back. That is a killer injury for a receiver. Al Lucknow is every offense he has been on, in multiple places, has been among the best in the nfl. Obviously, he hasnt been what he was expected but good teams clearly value him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He does. But the only way it made any sense he was coming here to be the 5th WR was if he had absolutely no market. It appears he does.

Nothing is ever set in stone IMO. Sammy Watkins has won a champonship and has an inside track on how Andy Reid runs an Offense. Watkins was a 3rd or 4th WR and became one of Mahomes favorite targets in the most important game the Chiefs ever played in the history of the franchise. Some would say MVP.   (minus Mahomes).

I'm just saying...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He does. But the only way it made any sense he was coming here to be the 5th WR was if he had absolutely no market. It appears he does.

only bills fans would say he’s a 5th WR and not part of the 2-4 rotation though 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

Nothing is ever set in stone IMO. Sammy Watkins has won a champonship and has an inside track on how Andy Reid runs an Offense. Watkins was a 3rd or 4th WR and became one of Mahomes favorite targets in the most important game the Chiefs ever played in the history of the franchise. Some would say MVP in the championship game.   (minus Mahomes).

I'm just saying...

Mahomes throws a lot to Kelce and Hill.  I don't think there are too many unknowns to his offense, it's just very hard to stop very good players.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Mahomes throws a lot to Kelce and Hill.  I don't think there are too many unknowns to his offense, it's just very hard to stop very good players.

Reids unique style of play calling combined with Mahomes ability to play short stop anywhere on the field leaves teams dumbfounded.

Good players for sure...

• Like (+1) 1