Sammy Watkins in Buffalo

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not defending any person. It’s  If you don’t want to believe Watkins is in Buffalo, then don’t believe it. If you do, then do. It was a simple comment that it’s not a rando account, as you seemed to insinuate. 

You went out of your way to act like some tweeter had any type of credibility.  Also, don't think Sammy is anywhere near Buffalo if he telling people to tell the Bills that they want him back on the team.  Doesn't sound like a guy who has any interest from Buffalo.

This is just another dumb "sources" account to add to their 13k followers.  

14 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

You went out of your way to act like some tweeter had any type of credibility.  Also, don't think Sammy is anywhere near Buffalo if he telling people to tell the Bills that they want him back on the team.  Doesn't sound like a guy who has any interest from Buffalo.

This is just another dumb "sources" account to add to their 13k followers.  

I went out of my way to say it wasn’t someone who just created an account and tweeted something. I didn’t state that the account was credible or the tweet was credible, I have no idea. However, it is an account that has been credible in the past and has credible followers and that is why it is here. Once again, no one is telling you to believe he’s in Buffalo. It’s not that serious. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I went out of my way to say it wasn’t someone who just created an account and tweeted something. I didn’t state that the account was credible or the tweet was credible, I have no idea. However, it is an account that has been credible in the past and has credible followers and that is why it is here. Once again, no one is telling you to believe he’s in Buffalo. It’s not that serious. 

No such thing as a bad Sammy thread. 

• Agree 1

Same old story...fans are mad at a player that the team overpaid for. In the case of Sammy, the team overpaid with draft capital. Then the player doesn't produce to a level congruent with the assets given up for him, and the fans hate on him for it. Blame Whaley for what he gave up, not Sammy. With the diva rumors...do any of us really know the truth in any of this??? Maybe there's some truth there, but I think it's overblown.

With Sammy, he was always awesome when he was on the field, just hurt a lot. My read is that the team didn't want to invest #1 receiver money into a player who was always injured. They traded him while he still had value at the end of his rookie deal. If he comes back to the Bills on a budget-friendly free agent deal, what's not to like? We have enough guys at the position that we don't need to count on his health, and every time he goes out there he's going to make plays. 

From PFF today in ref to best free agents left:

21. WR SAMMY WATKINS

Once looking like a future star, Watkins has leveled off as a complementary receiver over the past few years. He’s never gotten back to his career-high 89.8 grade in 2015, though he posted solid grades between 69.0 and 74.0 from 2016 to 2019 across three different teams. Watkins’ 64.4 overall grade in 2020 is the lowest of his career, though he always seems good for a couple of dominant games per season, and last year it showed up at the right time during the Chiefs’ Super Bowl run. 

Contract Analysis: Watkins agreed to an incentive-laden pay cut before the 2020 season to run it back with the Chiefs for another shot at a Super Bowl. Otherwise, Kansas City would have moved on from the receiver it originally signed to a three-year, $48 million deal back in 2018. 

Watkins was the top wide receiver on the market that year, with Allen Robinson II coming off a torn ACL being the next best available. 

Watkins won’t have that same luck this time, as he’s way down the list of top free-agent wide receivers. Nevertheless, the former No. 4 overall pick is still a serviceable player when healthy and will be only 28 years old. 

Prediction: Three years, $30 million ($10M APY): $21 million total guaranteed, $16.5 million fully guaranteed at signing

I'm not a fan of signing Watkins for that, not in a million years, and generally not a fan of him as a WR 5 in Buff.

I more like the potential upside of Kumarow and Hodges. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

From PFF today in ref to best free agents left:

21. WR SAMMY WATKINS

Once looking like a future star, Watkins has leveled off as a complementary receiver over the past few years. He’s never gotten back to his career-high 89.8 grade in 2015, though he posted solid grades between 69.0 and 74.0 from 2016 to 2019 across three different teams. Watkins’ 64.4 overall grade in 2020 is the lowest of his career, though he always seems good for a couple of dominant games per season, and last year it showed up at the right time during the Chiefs’ Super Bowl run. 

Contract Analysis: Watkins agreed to an incentive-laden pay cut before the 2020 season to run it back with the Chiefs for another shot at a Super Bowl. Otherwise, Kansas City would have moved on from the receiver it originally signed to a three-year, $48 million deal back in 2018. 

Watkins was the top wide receiver on the market that year, with Allen Robinson II coming off a torn ACL being the next best available. 

Watkins won’t have that same luck this time, as he’s way down the list of top free-agent wide receivers. Nevertheless, the former No. 4 overall pick is still a serviceable player when healthy and will be only 28 years old. 

Prediction: Three years, $30 million ($10M APY): $21 million total guaranteed, $16.5 million fully guaranteed at signing

I'm not a fan of signing Watkins for that, not in a million years, and generally not a fan of him as a WR 5 in Buff.

I more like the potential upside of Kumarow and Hodges. 

whoa honestly shocked to see those contract numbers thrown out there.....

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The most I would sign Watkins for is a 1 year 5 million deal. He can either take it or leave it. 

He is not even worth that much. A player like Watkins is not only a waste of money, but a waste of a roster spot and waste of an active player on game day. He will play in 8-10 games, and be gimpy for half of them. He will have 1-2 really good games. 

• Agree 2