Sammy Watkins in Buffalo

45 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We're not in a place where we have an extra $4M here, extra there to toss around. 

We also don't have extra roster spots and an extra ball.  We need to find playing time for last year's draft choices, 2019's TE, RB, and this year's draft choices.

If he's the "director of PR" wouldn't it be part of his job to follow accounts which might say stuff so he can "shift the narrative" as needed?

I can't see it as an endorsement of credibility.

All of the local media follow this account as well - I’m not saying it “makes” the account credible that they or Derek Boyko follow it, but it’s far from the notion of “anyone can create a twitter account” and post anything is what I’m saying. Plus a total rando had the Trubisky news at noon yesterday so I think people sometimes get too worked up about trying to place credibility on Twitter rumors. I didn’t post the Trubisky thing because I had never seen that person post anything in the past but now that he has that might change how I view what he says in the future. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sure except this account has over 13k followers including the director of PR for the Bills 

Means nothing.   You promote the Bills in any consistent way, and both those things will happen.

Watkins is not signing with the Bills, you want to put some money on it through paypal?

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Means nothing.   You promote the Bills in any consistent way, and both those things will happen.

Watkins is not signing with the Bills, you want to put some money on it through paypal?

I don’t think he will sign either as I’ve said ... my response was to “anyone can create a Twitter account and say anything” ... this is not that type of account. Nor did the account say he was signing. 

24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I irrationally love Sammy. Total weirdo and can’t stay healthy but there’s a reason good teams want him. If you can get him at a vet minimum, why not roll the dice? And the fact he is only 27 is so insane. 

Clowney sucks.

This is such a hilarious post. In one part you’re talking about irrationally loving a guy who is consistently unable to live up to his hype, and in the next condemning the same exact situation. 

I get it, we have our personal preferences, but this made me chuckle.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

This is such a hilarious post. In one part you’re talking about irrationally loving a guy who is consistently unable to live up to his hype, and in the next condemning the same exact situation. 

I get it, we have our personal preferences, but this made me chuckle.

Haha, I guess that’s true. Huge difference is what Sammy would get compared to Clowney. I think Clowney still thinks he is one of the best defensive players in the nfl. I like to think Sammy is a little more realistic in his value at this point. 

And hopefully he stays away from St Frannies grads. They were a bad influence on him!

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, I guess that’s true. Huge difference is what Sammy would get compared to Clowney. I think Clowney still thinks he is one of the best defensive players in the nfl. I like to think Sammy is a little more realistic in his value at this point. 

And hopefully he stays away from St Frannies grads. They were a bad influence on him!

He got 1 year for 12 million last year and did nothing (due in part to injury) so I’d imagine he’s in the 1 year 6mil range. Not horrible given the value difference between WR and DE. 

I’d like Clowney at that rate just as a rotational guy cause he’s pretty good against the run, which some PR upside. 

But yeah, they’re both kind of dudes who seem to have never had the focus and drive to be the great talents they were born with. 

I just don't see it.  I don't see any way that he can challenge for a spot in the top 3.  Then there's Davis, who I assume is in the Bills' mid-range plans.   So, I can't see Sammy getting a lot of snaps.   On top of that, there'll be a rookie or free agent who the Bills will want to develop.   Finally, I'm not sure I would want Sammy over McKenzie straight up.  

Then there's the whole attitude question.  I'm not convinced that he's really changed.   What has he done since leaving Buffalo to make McD want him back?  KC was a great opportunity for him to shine - what receiver wouldn't want to play with Mahomes? - and he still was little more than an after-thought.  

I'm wrong a lot, but I don't see Sammy being a guy who looks like a fit to McD.  

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not saying I think this will happen or want this to happen. But no local WNY media said or knew anything about Trubisky either. Just saying.

Wasn't doubting your reporting skills in anyway. You're a 2 bills drive superstar, just thought it was interesting that no local media had a sniff of it if true 

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Maybe the narrative isn’t fair, but his career accomplishments make him seem like an underachiever. He’ll go off for over 200 yards and 3 TD’s one game, but go completely silent for the rest of the season. There’s enough catches to go around in the KC offense for Sammy to always get a few. Every season he has a great game followed by being invisible. I don’t know what else I can attribute that to. Somehow he managed to magically show up in the playoffs for KC as well. I get the take that the opposition eliminates him, so Mahomes picks other options. However, I don’t understand why a fifth overall draft choice vanishes for the majority of games he plays. 

yea you have to understand who was around him at KC. Kelce got more catches then Hill last year... yea a TE..  I just think this is a False Narrative...

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Watkins immaturity and lack of effort while he was here is something he admitted himself.  It's not my opinion its reality.

There are two very well written Tyler Dunne articles about Sammy that outline that he was more interested in partying while he was here than he was playing football.   See below.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749319-sammy-watkins-dropped-the-diva-attitude-and-got-his-career-back-on-track-in-la

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2889029-what-sammy-watkins-believes

So yes, I am telling you signing Watkins wouldnt improve the WR roster because improving the roster goes beyond just adding talent.   Thankfully our front office understands that well.

So the first link shows hes a Diva and not any more.

The second article is more off field.

The Shady story in that article is priceless.

Shady was a stud and one of the leaders of that team, for him to hand Sammy an envelop full of paper targets must have been soul crushing.

He said he was butt hurt, and Id bet he and his reputation in that locker room never recovered. 

• Like (+1) 2