Sammy Watkins in Buffalo

10 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This wouldn’t surprise me.  He’d take this offense to the next level and they don’t need him to carry it.

I will be shocked if Sammy sign a deal.  Remember last year there were rumors that Marcel was back in Buffalo?  Didn’t exactly end with a signing. 

Also Beane and McDermott rarely give players a second chance after they cut them - especially those whose departures were on somewhat bad terms - ie Dareus and Richie Incognito.  While there are a few exceptions (EJ Gaines), it almost never happens.

Finally with the Bills top 4 WR’s set, it doesn’t make any sense to sign a WR5 who doesn’t play special teams when you have players like Kukerow and Hodgins and still could use a KR and WR.  

16 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think my first bolded on this is also highly opinionated so I wont respond to that. Also there is no video to my recollection of him not finishing plays or routs. There was times he did not come back to the QB in need and heck.. that was well documented with even Brown last year.  Some would call making it to the NFL level a success because how many teams even now don't have a true #1 WR?  As to your opinion of him playing for money? I don't know where you get that or where it has ever been documented that he just plays for money.

We got a second round draft pick out of him that indeed helped us get Josh Allen. Was Darby a bad culture fit also? I don't think so? They get a 3rd round pick for Darby then they all the picks we got to trade for there people. They wanted an immediate detachment of what was built. They wanted a better QB and a QB for the defense. Without trading who we traded they could not do what they did and we would not have Josh Allen and Edmunds.

SO Bottom line.. Just answer this.. Would Sammy Watkins improve this WR roster? I doubt anyone can say no and as for any "Maturaty issues or Loafing as you put it? Pretty sure Diggs would put a stop to that in a hurry"  Just remember, when players don't do there job on the field by giving up on plays or taking plays off.. 

This is the same WR receiver that did this 

Exposed Sherman.

I can say he would not necessarily improve the roster.  Is he really better than Kumetow or Hodgins as the 4th WR?

• Shocked 1

Having him at WR4 doesn’t help this team.  Prefer to keep Davis in the mix and build him.  Davis has a bright future and don’t want to slow his progress by adding someone who may take his playing time.

Is this insurance if Sanders doesn’t work out, or if Sanders isn’t on the team next year?  Still not worth it to me.  He was a negative presence when he was here, and fans don’t forget that.

We need to focus on our current needs, TE for sure.  We need to focus on positions that will help us get to the next level.  Pretty stacked at WR right now and adding Watkins doesn’t improve this team when you have Diggs, Beas, Sanders and Davis as your top 4 WR.  

If Davis continues to improve with playing time, he has the chance to be better than Watkins next season.  That includes his being a team player, and being in the field.

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think my first bolded on this is also highly opinionated so I wont respond to that. Also there is no video to my recollection of him not finishing plays or routs. There was times he did not come back to the QB in need and heck.. that was well documented with even Brown last year.  Some would call making it to the NFL level a success because how many teams even now don't have a true #1 WR?  As to your opinion of him playing for money? I don't know where you get that or where it has ever been documented that he just plays for money.

We got a second round draft pick out of him that indeed helped us get Josh Allen. Was Darby a bad culture fit also? I don't think so? They get a 3rd round pick for Darby then they all the picks we got to trade for there people. They wanted an immediate detachment of what was built. They wanted a better QB and a QB for the defense. Without trading who we traded they could not do what they did and we would not have Josh Allen and Edmunds.

SO Bottom line.. Just answer this.. Would Sammy Watkins improve this WR roster? I doubt anyone can say no and as for any "Maturaty issues or Loafing as you put it? Pretty sure Diggs would put a stop to that in a hurry"  Just remember, when players don't do there job on the field by giving up on plays or taking plays off.. 

This is the same WR receiver that did this 

Exposed Sherman.

I guess he could take JB's spot.......on IR ;)

13 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I doubt we’re bringing in Sammy when we just signed Sanders.

People also never thought that we needed a strong stable force at QB Backup this year but I was guessing it. 1 one we right for every 3 we wrong so you may be right on this one lol

Just now, JMF2006 said:

Come on the guy is always hurt.

Always? like he misses 8 games a year? Come on..  ITs not like we expecting him to start or #2 or maybe not even #3

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

People also never thought that we needed a strong stable force at QB Backup this year but I was guessing it. 1 one we right for every 3 we wrong so you may be right on this one lol

Always? like he misses 8 games a year? Come on..  ITs not like we expecting him to start or #2 or maybe not even #3

I am a Gabby fan and want to see more of him this year...he was awesome a rookie late round pick.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

It took a while lol but glad we got to the real reason you don't want Sammy. All good lol

I have a Sammy jersey...no one pulled harder or cheered more for him than me.

That ship has sailed though and the Bills have better options now.....unless he can return punts at the league minimum ;)

17 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

PT, I’m not saying I wouldn’t mind him as a backup, just don’t think it’s likely.  He had helped in KC in spot duty.  He’d have to come in cheap.

8 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I have a Sammy jersey...no one pulled harder or cheered more for him than me.

That ship has sailed though and the Bills have better options now.....unless he can return punts at the league minimum ;)

oh come on... There are many teams he can be #2 and you know it lol. 

8 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

PT, I’m not saying I wouldn’t mind him as a backup, just don’t think it’s likely.  He had helped in KC in spot duty.  He’d have to come in cheap.

3-4 mil a year? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

That situation was real bad,  no real QB and the team was trash,  plus the Patriots owned the division

And he was so selfish he did nothing to help drag us up. He ran away rather than play his best. 

4 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

And he was so selfish he did nothing to help drag us up. He ran away rather than play his best. 

People can change. Give him the chance to prove it.

Ability wise, on the right affordable one-year deal, he would be a great signing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Ability wise, on the right affordable one-year deal, he would be a great signing.

100% agree. Cause he knows... IF he fails this team? no one will want him

11 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Niagara Dude is right.. You have to look at who was throwing to him. There was a reason why Sammy was growing unstable when with an unstable team

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

I will be shocked if Sammy sign a deal.  Remember last year there were rumors that Marcel was back in Buffalo?  Didn’t exactly end with a signing. 

Also Beane and McDermott rarely give players a second chance after they cut them - especially those whose departures were on somewhat bad terms - ie Dareus and Richie Incognito.  While there are a few exceptions (EJ Gaines), it almost never happens.

Finally with the Bills top 4 WR’s set, it doesn’t make any sense to sign a WR5 who doesn’t play special teams when you have players like Kukerow and Hodgins and still could use a KR and WR.  

He was actually here. He shared pics.

• Like (+1) 1

if he's cheap watkins can 100% help our team.

speed and physical ability fits all shemes.  if he catches 30 passes on the year, he'll break a couple, those could win games.  having a secret weapon or formation (and you know dabol loves that stuff) for the playoffs or the best teams would be huge.

assuming we don't do anything to improve our pass rush (we still need at least one more quality DL in the guts, im assuming Star isn't about to be who he was his first 2 years in the nfl) having one extra gear on O, even if it is monthly and not weekly, might be all we need.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, CSBill said:

While I agree with you, I’d also say that if Watkins comes back to play for Buffalo it’ll probably be because the situations have changed.  Both the one in Buffalo with the Bills and the one where he’s not getting nearly the offers he used to think he was worth. 

• Agree 1