Sammy Watkins in Buffalo

7 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

my cousin swore me to secrecy but tomorrow should be a fun day!

It is Friday and that is always a fun day,  sources are saying that Sammy is signing with the Bills. 

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

That would be awesome if it turned out like this:

image.thumb.png.f586475f07254f0460bd51e392672ffd.png

He just looked better in a Bills uniform

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This wouldn’t surprise me.  He’d take this offense to the next level and they don’t need him to carry it.

You can only throw so many passes. Are we going with 5 WRs on every down? This signing would make zero sense, at any price.

49 minutes ago, Srw1525 said:

I mean I would take him and accept it if Buffalo signed him sure. (Even if that’s the reason he was in buffalo). But toward the end of his time in buffalo he asked out and wanted to be traded/released. Why bring him back now after a player wanting out?

That situation was real bad,  no real QB and the team was trash,  plus the Patriots owned the division

I've been one of his biggest detractors over the past few years and the main reason wasn't so much about him but what people perceived his value was worth.   Ever since early in his career, he has been an average starting 2-3 WR.   He's injured too often, non factor in more games than not and too inconsistent, nowhere near worth the money he was paid.      With that said, if the Bills can get him for $6M a year or less, then I'm all for it.    At $6M a year, he starts to become more of a bargain.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

I've been one of his biggest detractors over the past few years and the main reason wasn't so much about him but what people perceived his value was worth.   Ever since early in his career, he has been an average starting 2-3 WR.   He's injured too often, non factor in more games than not and too inconsistent, nowhere near worth the money he was paid.      With that said, if the Bills can get him for $6M a year or less, then I'm all for it.    At $6M a year, he starts to become more of a bargain.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/5/18/21262099/sammy-watkins-partied-himself-to-failure-buffalo-bills-trade-los-angeles-rams-kansas-city-chiefs

Wow!  Just read that story.   I take back what I just said. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Pinto Ken? 😂

Hey, paisano - Pinto Ken, Pinto Ron... what's the difference? :oops:  😆

But we are glad Ken, aka Pinto Ron, is on the mend! 👍

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

He just needs to be introduced to Kratom, if he hasn’t been already, and those problems will go away immediately. He was just a kid.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Can’t have enough big play WRs in today’s NFL.... especially for what the Bills like to do offensively.

Yeah, but you thought he was worth $16 million a year.  There were a number of you that thought the Bills should have kept him, after reading everything about him, his inability to stay healthy, inconsistent game play, terrible locker room presence, lack of commitment, we can safely say that you guys were all wrong and that Beane was right.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

Could of changed. 

Know a person who was super heavy like that. Had everything lined up for that person. But 8 months sober from everything and building it right.  People do change.

But trusting McDermott and Beane on this. If they feel he is a fit and change person, less then 4 mil i'll be for it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Could of changed. 

Know a person who was super heavy like that. Had everything lined up for that person. But 8 months sober from everything and building it right.  People do change.

But trusting McDermott and Beane on this. If they feel he is a fit and change person, less then 4 mil i'll be for it.

Yeah, I actually agree with that.  I was sort of kidding but man, I had no idea that he was that bad of a presence on the Bills team.  The players were happy that he left and I think it was a good thing for him to have a change of scenery.    If Beane thinks he's worth it to kick the tires again then I'd be for it.   But I just don't believe that they will.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Is this for real?

Why isn't Beane looking at our most glaring positions of need at the moment in CB, TE and pass rusher?

Granted I am sure he gets one or two of those in the draft next month and they'll be immediate starters... but still... aren't we stacked at WR now?

I’m sure he’s looking at every position. And no we don’t know if it’s for real or why he’s in Buffalo . They do still need to add 29 players. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I just don’t understand where anyone who buys the idea of Watkins potentially signing here thinks Watkins is gonna line up?

Why, at age 27, after being a critical part of the Chiefs offense, would he come here to be WR5 and rarely see the field?

It makes no sense. None.

Ha! 

Hey man. I like Davis. I think he has a second contract here, possibly even as a WR1....

But let’s not kid ourselves, Watkins probably passes Davis in the depth chart in the rotation with Diggs and Sanders. Is also probably the 4th WR in a 4 wide set. 

Sure, maybe Davis has a great camp in 2021. But in 2020 Sammy > Davis.