Sammy Watkins in Buffalo

11 minutes ago, Putin said:

You don’t play with the Bills on Madden unless you’re a fan 

Back in the day, when I was really into Madden, I got so good against the computer (this was before on-line play existed)on All-Madden level that I eventually picked the worst team in "francise mode", cut or traded away any player with a rating of 70 or more, just to give myself a challenge.  My team was the Tampa Bay Bucs.  I played about 10 seasons as the Bucs.  Won some Super Bowls, with the worst rosters I could assemble.  As a result, in real life, the Bucs became one of my "other" teams to pull for, when the Bills were "out of it"...which was frequent.

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

Hard no.

Have other needs than WR.  Looked up his stats, never returned a punt or kickoff, so doubt that would be the hook to signing him.

I wondered whether it's possible they're talking to him about returning kicks.   He's showed some ability as a receiver, and if he could return kicks, he'd be a better choice than McKenzie, Watkins being the better receiver.   

Still, I find it hard to believe.   If the Bills sign him, i wouldn't be surprised to find he gets cut before the season starts.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I wondered whether it's possible they're talking to him about returning kicks.   He's showed some ability as a receiver, and if he could return kicks, he'd be a better choice than McKenzie, Watkins being the better receiver.   

Still, I find it hard to believe.   If the Bills sign him, i wouldn't be surprised to find he gets cut before the season starts.  

Not sure if he returned in college, but not in the NFL.  Unknown how good he’d be at it.  Good WR with speed does not necessarily = good kick returner.  

A few years ago, could have used him.  Have a pretty good WR room now. Honestly, I’d prefer McKenzie - shown he can make some decent catches, seems like a good teammate and can return.  Watkins is too much of a wildcard for me with injuries and where his head is at.

Honestly, I’d be very surprised if he is in town to see the Bills.  Money is a big part of that.

26 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Quinn gets it.

Being physically in the city of Buffalo does not necessarily mean that one is signing with the Bills, any more than Jessie Pegula taking a ***** in a Michigan Arby’s means we’ve lured Megatron out of retirement.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

While I don’t think there’s a chance in hell of Sammy signing here, he DID return kicks in college.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/sammy-watkins-1.html