Sammy Watkins in Buffalo

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The WR? They have more than one....

Really the Bills have only 1 WR??....yes I forgot the "s"..sorry typo...WR's what was meant....

Edited by JPP

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

I just don’t understand where anyone who buys the idea of Watkins potentially signing here thinks Watkins is gonna line up?

Why, at age 27, after being a critical part of the Chiefs offense, would he come here to be WR5 and rarely see the field?

It makes no sense. None.

If healthy, which is rare, he would be our #2 skill-wise. He was a 2 or 3 on the Chiefs.

16 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

while there’s a difference when trying to establish culture vs fitting into existing culture.... he’s just soooooo far out there that I have a hard time seeing this one in particular. McD doesn’t seem like he’d work well with a guy that believes in alternate universes and lizard people, if making an exception. It’d have to be a huge value to consider it, I think.

wait, Sammy actually believes in lizzard people and flat earth?  

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

There’s no way it has anything to do with signing with the Bills.

Beane and McDermott couldn’t get him out of the building fast enough in 2017.

It’s also completely illogical from a roster standpoint. He’s gonna sign for peanuts to be WR5? Absurd.

I know it’s a fun thing to discuss in an otherwise uneventful free agency period so far, but it ain’t happening. No way, no how.

That’s what he is now. He doesn’t appear to have suitors lining up. I didn’t even know he was a FA. 

Just now, Victory Formation said:

Why not do both?

Diggs

Davis

Beas

Sanders

Watkins

McKenzie

Thats a solid group.

You know they will want at least one of those players to be a special teamer coverage type guy and none of them are. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

while there’s a difference when trying to establish culture vs fitting into existing culture.... he’s just soooooo far out there that I have a hard time seeing this one in particular. McD doesn’t seem like he’d work well with a guy that believes in alternate universes and lizard people, if making an exception. It’d have to be a huge value to consider it, I think.

Maybe Watkins has come back to the Lord, possibly prompting McDermott to give him a second chance.

The only way I could see this making any sense is if he’s open to the idea of returning kicks and punts.

Even then...I don’t see it. The culture fit with Diggs, Sanders and Watkins together seems....not good.

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Is he happy to replace their pay check of $2m a year?

I mean he's lizard people flat earth crazy, so I just don't know!

Well, okay, not really. I don't see it happening either. I just like the guy.

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

I just don’t understand where anyone who buys the idea of Watkins potentially signing here thinks Watkins is gonna line up?

Why, at age 27, after being a critical part of the Chiefs offense, would he come here to be WR5 and rarely see the field?

It makes no sense. None.

What year was he a critical part of the Chiefs?   He was maybe a factor in the Superbowl for 2019 as he picked up the slack from the normal go to guys.  Otherwise, he was a bit role player. 

2020 - 421 yds  2 TD

2019 -  673 yds  3 TD

2018 -  519 yds  3 TD

Edited by prissythecat