Sammy Watkins in Buffalo

8 minutes ago, ColeB said:

I don’t see it.  They got rid of him because he didn’t fit the team culture.

while there’s a difference when trying to establish culture vs fitting into existing culture.... he’s just soooooo far out there that I have a hard time seeing this one in particular. McD doesn’t seem like he’d work well with a guy that believes in alternate universes and lizard people, if making an exception. It’d have to be a huge value to consider it, I think.

• Like (+1) 2

There’s no way it has anything to do with signing with the Bills.

Beane and McDermott couldn’t get him out of the building fast enough in 2017.

It’s also completely illogical from a roster standpoint. He’s gonna sign for peanuts to be WR5? Absurd.

I know it’s a fun thing to discuss in an otherwise uneventful free agency period so far, but it ain’t happening. No way, no how.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Can’t have enough big play WRs in today’s NFL.... especially for what the Bills like to do offensively.

we watched the bills lose in the playoffs with maybe zero healthy receivers. I don’t think it’s the priority to chase a premium guy at  but if one lands in our lap I’m surely cool with that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

There’s no way it has anything to do with signing with the Bills.

Beane and McDermott couldn’t get him out of the building fast enough in 2017.

It’s also completely illogical from a roster standpoint. He’s gonna sign for peanuts to be WR5? Absurd.

I know it’s a fun thing to discuss in an otherwise uneventful free agency period so far, but it ain’t happening. No way, no how.

I mean, I think he has more long term upside than Sanders, but I would be shocked. Getting traded like that seemed like an acrimonious split.

I just don’t understand where anyone who buys the idea of Watkins potentially signing here thinks Watkins is gonna line up?

Why, at age 27, after being a critical part of the Chiefs offense, would he come here to be WR5 and rarely see the field?

It makes no sense. None.

Edited by Logic

15 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I had mine repurposed to a Diggs jersey...

I wanted to change the nameplate but couldn't find a local place that did it.  Al Ross used to but told us they no longer do.  Where did you get it changed?

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I just don’t understand where anyone who buys the idea of Watkins potentially signing here thinks Watkins is gonna line up?

Why, at age 27, after being a critical part of the Chiefs offense, would he come here to be WR5 and rarely see the field, 

It makes no sense. None.

He grew up a Bills fan and he's insane.

(I'm skeptical, but I'd love to see him back to replace Roberts and/or McKenzie.)

Edited by mbs
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed, which is why I hope they draft one within the first 3 rounds. 

Yup. Odds are both beas and sanders won’t be long term.

Having a play maker that can ease into the group and learn in a great room wouldn’t bother me. Return some kicks, have a few packages and not have to carry the load day 1? I could see diggs-Davis-that guy being the trio in a year, easily, as a team building strategy. 

• Like (+1) 1