Ro-ro for "Right Josh" Rosen

7 hours ago, Logic said:

I feel bad for Josh Rosen.

If Allen is the prime example of “being drafted into the right situation”, Rosen has to be the exact opposite.

I wonder what would’ve happened with Rosen if he had been drafted by a good team into a stable structure, and had actually been given protection and weapons and had a coach that believed in him.

😳

He’d still suck

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Rosen would have sucked no matter where he went, and that's coming from someone who really wanted him in the 2018 draft and was pissed they took Elite Josh instead (and am thankful I was wrong).  I'm not sure how many teams you need to be on to finally show you're worth something.

And anyone thinking Josh waltzed-into a great situation with the Bills should look at that 2018 offensive roster.  That was quite possibly one of the worst offenses the Bills have ever had.  Yet it didn't ruin Josh nor did he use it as an excuse for his performance.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just think, if some of the TBD "experts" had their way, we'd have Marcel Dareus anchoring the middle, Darby as our top DB, Jonathan the legendary jag as our main RB,  Josh Rosen as our franchise QB and Sammy Watkins as our #1 WR.    

• Haha (+1) 3

On 3/19/2021 at 9:30 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Couldn't Rosen go clean up on the men's pro tennis circuit?  I seem to remember him being skilled at the game.  I don't know if that's Rosen's assessment of his skills, or a third party's.

Yes, he certainly had a nose for the sport...

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Magox said:

Just think, if some of the TBD "experts" had their way, we'd have Marcel Dareus anchoring the middle, Darby as our top DB, Jonathan the legendary jag as our main RB,  Josh Rosen as our franchise QB and Sammy Watkins as our #1 WR.    

Don’t forget Diamond Doug Whaley entering his 9th year as GM. Continuity FTW! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Don’t forget Diamond Doug Whaley entering his 9th year as GM. Continuity FTW! 

Injuries are part of it. It's a violent game that I personally don't think humans are supposed to play. And these things are going to come up.  But it pays my bills.  Not my Bills...my bills.  Barkeeper, another drink for Mr. Brandon and me!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/18/2021 at 5:24 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

49ers apparently not persuaded "Wrong Josh" is the "Right" for the backup job

Hard to read too much into this. Flacco has been awful the last two seasons, and this may be more of a commentary on Beatherd and Mullens, who both stink.

35 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Hard to read too much into this. Flacco has been awful the last two seasons, and this may be more of a commentary on Beatherd and Mullens, who both stink.

I thought Beatherd and Mullens were both free agents?  Not listed on the 49ers roster and Wiki says so....

6 hours ago, Beerball said:

Mayfield is a much better QB than Johnny.

As far as what's been demonstrated, this is inarguable.

IMHO Mayfield was a much better QB in college too, but there are those who still argue the contrary and say he mighta been good in the NFL, "if only"

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought Beatherd and Mullens were both free agents?  Not listed on the 49ers roster and Wiki says so....

As far as what's been demonstrated, this is inarguable.

IMHO Mayfield was a much better QB in college too, but there are those who still argue the contrary and say he mighta been good in the NFL, "if only"

That’s kind of my point. All three of those guys (Beatherd, Mullens, Flacco) stink. It’s a good spot for Rosen. I truly believe Flacco is just going through the motions now in order to collect seven-figure paychecks. He certainly doesn’t strike me as the sort of guy who possesses the requisite amount of on-screen charisma necessary for a future in broadcasting. 

41 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

That’s kind of my point. All three of those guys (Beatherd, Mullens, Flacco) stink. It’s a good spot for Rosen. I truly believe Flacco is just going through the motions now in order to collect seven-figure paychecks. He certainly doesn’t strike me as the sort of guy who possesses the requisite amount of on-screen charisma necessary for a future in broadcasting. 

Hauling this back around to Rosen's dilemma, now there's an idea!  Get Dennis Miller out of broadcasting retirement, pair Rosen and Miller as a team! 😁

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 1:06 PM, Logic said:

I feel bad for Josh Rosen.

If Allen is the prime example of “being drafted into the right situation”, Rosen has to be the exact opposite.

I wonder what would’ve happened with Rosen if he had been drafted by a good team into a stable structure, and had actually been given protection and weapons and had a coach that believed in him.

And to think, I was actually disappointed on draft night when the Bills took Allen instead of Rosen. 😳

I actually stumbled upon this interview with his college coach .. he basically likes Rosen as a person but his answers about how bad he wants it, how teachable he is are really surprising (and not in a positive coach cover for player way). Lack of humility, always "knowing" the right way .. definitely the blueprint for failure and with the 49ers drafting a QB it is not poor Rosen it is the 49ers looked and didn't like what they saw so they are getting a new young QB and maybe Rosen sticks as the third, but likely not.

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/jim-mora-jr-explains-why-49ers-qb-josh-rosen-has-not-lived-up-to-expectations

The old narratives such as Allen is inaccurate, Lamar can only run, Darnold is prototypical QB, Rosen has all the skills die hard.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I wonder if it's worth getting an investigative news team together to track that bunch down.  I wonder if any have switched allegiances? 🤔

No Investigative news team needed here:

How many of these guys should be wearing masks at the Ralph?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 3/21/2021 at 12:26 PM, Magox said:

7-9.......forever;)

3 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

I thought Rosen would be good, I thought Allen was the right pick for the Bills with his Arm and size.

I was wrong about Rosen being a "Great" QB though lol

I was a Baker guy I thought the Bills could win right away with him.

The 3 QB's I didn't want were Rosen Jackson and Darnold.(Rosen came off as entitled,Jackson=Tyrod and Darnold another USC bust)

When the Bills took JA I was happy because I thought he the most potential and we would need to be patient.

Now he is clearly the best QB of that draft

• Like (+1) 2