Ro-ro for "Right Josh" Rosen

16 hours ago, The Red King said:

Top-ten overall pick.  From a cocky comment about making other teams regret passing on him in the draft, to flaming out as even a backup in just a handful of years.

Just...wow...

Comon to be fair, if a Bills draftee says that, it's considered to be confident determination, a celebrated chip on his shoulder.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Comon to be fair, if a Bills draftee says that, it's considered to be confident determination, a celebrated chip on his shoulder.

Dear 1ManRaid,

I have no idea what you are talking about.  Maybe it's best if you keep your opinion to yourself.

Respectfully,

Thurman Thomas

1988 2nd Round Pick

🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

17 hours ago, The Red King said:

Top-ten overall pick.  From a cocky comment about making other teams regret passing on him in the draft, to flaming out as even a backup in just a handful of years.

Just...wow...

1 - so people hate him for being upset that he fell in the draft

2 - why the hard on to trash the guy? He’s been in awful situations and really has had a great shot to develop. Allen turned out to be a stud so we are lucky. But I feel bad for qbs in crap situations who don’t get a chance to develop properly (it’s happening with Darnold). More qbs are ruined than made. 

3 - he did get a one year deal with the 49ers. https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-josh-rosen-signs-one-year-deal-with-49ers

the 49ers always carry 3 qbs. 

20 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

For real. If Allen said that, we would have loved it. It’s a weird thing to knock him for.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Probably why none of us have jobs in NFL front offices lol

While a lot of posters were wrong on Rosen, most of us were qualified enough to have passed on EJ.    So while we are definitely not at the McBeane level, let's not knock us all the way down below the Russ Brandon level :wallbash:   I would have taken a random pull from the posters on this forum over Russ Brandon.

Edited by buffalostu2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Only if he does it.  Like Dizzy Dean said, "it ain't braggin' if you can do it"

The problem with making a statement like that is it's evaluated in hindsight.  If Rosen had played OK and shown flashes in AZ, and was now developing as a quality NFL QB, it would be viewed as confident determination by now.

But he didn't and hasn't.  And yes, he had crappy teams around him but so did Allen his rookie season and he still showed flashes as well as jaw dropping athleticism and that competitive spirit.

30 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

the 49ers always carry 3 qbs.

Oh, Well Then.  Rosen only has to beat out CJ Beathard I guess.  And Mullens.  And since they're FA, maybe he already has.

But then there's UDFA camp arms to come....

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Jimmy Johnson "When you talk the talk, you gotta walk the walk"  Rosen talked the talk but didn't walk the walk.  

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Jimmy Johnson "When you talk the talk, you gotta walk the walk"  Rosen talked the talk but didn't walk the walk.  

I really don’t know what rookie would have been successful in Arizona. And the Miami situation was a joke and Fitz showed this year again that he is better than most young qbs. If Allen had to do an open competition against Fitz as a rookie, he probably would have struggled to outplay Fitz (obviously Allen is at a different level now). 

3 hours ago, Kwai San said:

And just THINK of the number of posters on THIS board who swore up and down Rosen was the better Josh.........

I will admit i was one if them.

Dear Brandon Beane,

Whoever I want us to take in the draft this year, take the other guy!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Dear 1ManRaid,

I have no idea what you are talking about.  Maybe it's best if you keep your opinion to yourself.

Respectfully,

Thurman Thomas

1988 2nd Round Pick

🤣

And I have been thusly told.  Back to the mines for me!

51 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

I will admit i was one if them.

Dear Brandon Beane,

Whoever I want us to take in the draft this year, take the other guy!

You took the first step!  Yeah what an inexact science drafting is.....

I feel bad for Josh Rosen.

If Allen is the prime example of “being drafted into the right situation”, Rosen has to be the exact opposite.

I wonder what would’ve happened with Rosen if he had been drafted by a good team into a stable structure, and had actually been given protection and weapons and had a coach that believed in him.

And to think, I was actually disappointed on draft night when the Bills took Allen instead of Rosen. 😳

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I really don’t know what rookie would have been successful in Arizona. And the Miami situation was a joke and Fitz showed this year again that he is better than most young qbs. If Allen had to do an open competition against Fitz as a rookie, he probably would have struggled to outplay Fitz (obviously Allen is at a different level now). 

Rosen ran out of excuses a long time ago.  Arizona saw enough of him to move him before his trade value went down to zero after 1 year.  Miami gave him a chance & decided he was bad enough to draft Tua.  Then after Miami cut him no team, after seeing his 2 years in the NFL, wanted him & he ended up on Tampa's practice squad where he stayed until SF was running low on QBs & signed him without so much of a whimper from Tampa Bay.  

Now look at Josh Allen: I think it's safe to say I don't know what rookie would have been successful in Buffalo.  His O-line & WRs had to be as bad as Arizona's if not worse.  At least Arizona had Larry Fitzgerald.  Our Josh had virtually no receivers with Robert Foster coming off the practice squad to be Josh's top receiver. What has Foster done since?  Still as a rookie Josh Allen helped will the team to 5 wins in 11 starts.  He made no excuses, came back with better players his 2nd season & immediately led the Bills to their best record in many years.  By year 3, in spite of the rookie hardships, Josh Allen became a top 5 QB in the entire league.  

Josh Rosen was just another good college player who isn't good enough to make it, even as a quality backup, in the NFL.  He isn't the 1st & he won't be the last, he just isn't meant for NFL football.  Nothing wrong with that.  A lot of good college players never get to start a single game in the NFL and still have a good enough resume to get a leg up on a lot of post football jobs.  Josh Rosen will probably have a long successful career.  It just won't be as a football player.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

33 minutes ago, Logic said:

I feel bad for Josh Rosen.

If Allen is the prime example of “being drafted into the right situation”, Rosen has to be the exact opposite.

I wonder what would’ve happened with Rosen if he had been drafted by a good team into a stable structure, and had actually been given protection and weapons and had a coach that believed in him.

And to think, I was actually disappointed on draft night when the Bills took Allen instead of Rosen. 😳

I bet he still would have sucked. Go watch his AZ game tape. Even when he had a clean pocket, even when his WRs got separation, even when the corners were playing off, Rosen was late, off target. He was awful. The fact AZ even had a debate about whether or not to keep him was ridiculous.

Josh Rosen is Peterman with a better arm. Dude sucks  

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Kwai San said:

You took the first step!  Yeah what an inexact science drafting is.....

Haha, true that.  I actually got on board with Allen a couple days after the draft once I started watching all of his throws from college (not that I know how to evaluate).   I could tell he was much better than the media and his completion % made him out to be.   One big lesson learned - dont listen to media opinions about the draft, politics or pretty much anything lol

• Like (+1) 1