I absolutely HATE our team’s focus on Special Teams

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s not just the money, it’s the roster spots. It’s losing out on young developing players for dedicated STers.

Every single team has dedicated special teams.  In the last 2 seasons, we were 24th and 28th in special teams spending.

You're complaining for the sake of complaining. 

This thread is a terrible take.

43 minutes ago, FireChans said:

This is lunacy. This is idiotic. 

Can someone point out what Super Bowl champion or hell, even recent contender, that dedicated this much money and effort to STers? 

It flies in the face of modern NFLdom. Rule changes have basically eliminated the return game. Why are we signing top end STers to prop up this phase, instead of dedicating more money to the other phases that actually matter?

The ST coach’s job on a team that’s contending should be to coach up a bunch of cheap backups and late round draft picks into a decent unit. Not need dedicated gunners being signed to modest contracts. 

It’s upsetting to say the least.

Can’t agree more 

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

How in God's name is this thread 5 pages long already? Can Josh and Mahomes have their strongest arm competition already? Geesh...

This is a special teams thread, they need to kick the ball, not throw it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

One year the Chargers were the number one defense and offense in the league but had a pitiful ST unit and they finished 9-7 and missed the playoffs. ST is important.

I am not arguing for the worst ST in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I just did. Next question.

Went full moron. Went home empty handed.

Alright...

When the Chiefs won the Super Bowl in 2020 they had $4M dedicated to Anthony Sherman, Jordan Lucas and De'Anthony Thomas who were primarily ST and not on rookie contracts. 

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I am so ashamed.  I will try to do better.  I crave your approval.

It's ok man... you're equally as unproductive as @FireChanshe created this dog**** thread... got proven wrong and then changed the rules for him to be proven wrong.

He's been proven wrong again... stay tuned to see what he does next to avoid being wrong!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Add Matthew Slater for $3.125M.

In all fairness to @FireChansand his ever changing rules... he did say what recent Super Bowl Champion, or hell, contender has dedicated this much money and effort to special teams.

I wouldn't consider the current Patriots a contender after last year... he also disqualified the use of the Patriots in this argument at all because... rules?

EDIT: He actually didn't say recent Super Bowl Champion... I don't want to misquote his geniusness

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1