I absolutely HATE our team’s focus on Special Teams

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

I can follow up with the Patriots the year they beat ATL in the Super Bowl. 

Ebner, Mingo, King, Bolden, Slater were all primarily ST players. They spent around $6M again here. 

Yeah, I guess it was mostly the ST game, not TB12 and BB. 

• Eyeroll 2

For your sake, I really hope this is parody. Otherwise, this view is clueless and disturbing. Can you count the games that swung in our favor by Bojo’s & Bass’ kicks? Roberts returns? Endzone KO’s? Kick coverage?

i’d venture we have more starters playing ‘teams’ than any other playoff team.

Are you old enough to remember Steve Tasker? Lou Piccone? Steve Christie? Marv Levy???

Do you even understand football??

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

It's all part of it. Is this really about Taiwan Jones and the crumbs he makes, or was there something else that bothered you? Paying a punter average money?

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

For your sake, I really hope this is parody. Otherwise, this view is clueless and disturbing. Can you count the games that swung in our favor by Bojo’s & Bass’ kicks? Roberts returns? Endzone KO’s? Kick coverage?

i’d venture we have more starters playing ‘teams’ than any other playoff team.

Are you old enough to remember Steve Tasker? Lou Piccone? Steve Christie? Marv Levy???

Do you even understand football??

Lol Bojo just walked so we could upgrade the punter position.

Do you understand that ST is not as important as the offense or defense in the modern NFL? Do you still live in 1950?

• Eyeroll 2

27 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

How old are you?  You do know that the Bills made it to the SB 4 yrs in a row?  Who was our most successful coach of all time?  I'll give you a hint - he started as a ST coach.

Granted, this was before the cap era, but the effort & emphasis was definitely there, and this was at a time w/ smaller rosters.

Who lost the SB? The coach that got outcoached and the kicker that missed a makeable FG.

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm assuming he saw we re-signed Taiwan Jones and threw a sh-tfit because there's a Running Back in FA he likes and is now realizing that it's unlikely. Though he probably should have realized that we were always more likely to draft another one to replace Yeldon rather than spending valuable cap space on a vet to hop Singletary and Moss.

True.  Although I wouldn't be suprised if we don't draft an RB, and instead sign a cheap veteran post-draft.  I think they'll only draft an RB if they think he's a difference maker.  Otherwise it doesn't make a lot of sense to have 3 RBs on rookie deals, who are all roughly equally good.  A vet min RB would bring experience to the RB room, which McDermott always wants, and financially would be about the same cost as a 3rd-rounder or later.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

It's all part of it. Is this really about Taiwan Jones and the crumbs he makes, or was there something else that bothered you? Paying a punter average money?

It’s not just the money, it’s the roster spots. It’s losing out on young developing players for dedicated STers.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Sweetheart... this is what you asked for in your initial post...

Can someone point out what Super Bowl champion or hell, even recent contender, that dedicated this much money and effort to STers? 

That right there is a direct quote from you when you started this thread. I provided you two recent examples (2018 and 2016 Super Bowl Champions) that met your criteria of teams as much (or more) money and effort to STers than the Bills do.

I never made a claim that ST had more of an impact than Belichick or Brady... I simply provided facts to answer your question.

Don't get defensive and deflect now that you look clueless. If you didn't want answer... you shouldn't have asked the question.

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Sweetheart... this is what you asked for in your initial post...

Can someone point out what Super Bowl champion or hell, even recent contender, that dedicated this much money and effort to STers? 

That right there is a direct quote from you when you started this thread. I provided you two recent examples (2018 and 2016 Super Bowl Champions) that met your criteria of teams as much (or more) money and effort to STers than the Bills do.

I never made a claim that ST had more of an impact than Belichick or Brady... I simply provided facts to answer your questions.

Don't get defensive and deflect now that you look clueless. If you didn't want answer... you shouldn't have asked the question.

You were right. But the Pats and Brady don’t count. For obvious reasons. Sweetheart.

• Vomit 1

Just now, FireChans said:

You were right. But the Pats and Brady don’t count. For obvious reasons. Sweetheart.

Well then you should have phrased your question like this...

Can someone point out what Super Bowl champion outside of the New England Patriots or hell, even recent contender, that dedicated this much money and effort to STers? 

You can't change the rules AFTER you ask the question...

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Well then you should have phrased your question like this...

Can someone point out what Super Bowl champion outside of the New England Patriots or hell, even recent contender, that dedicated this much money and effort to STers? 

You can't change the rules AFTER you ask the question...

I just did. Next question.

Just now, TN Bills Fan said:

The Bills contended last year while spending that much on special teams.

Went full moron. Went home empty handed.

• Eyeroll 1