NFL $10B a year over 11 years in TV deals

The NFL finalized media rights deals worth $10B annually, or $110B over the course of the 11-year deals. For many consumers, the new deals will look largely like the last deals, with the big TV packages remaining unchanged on CBS, Fox, NBC and ESPN, albeit for much bigger rights fees, and many more...

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

• Reed83HOF changed the title to NFL $10B a year over 11 years in TV deals
9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

The NFL finalized media rights deals worth $10B annually, or $110B over the course of the 11-year deals. For many consumers, the new deals will look largely like the last deals, with the big TV packages remaining unchanged on CBS, Fox, NBC and ESPN, albeit for much bigger rights fees, and many more...

So each team receives ~$300mil each year from the TV deals?

Edited by BTB
  • Like (+1) 1

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/NFL-COMPLETES-LONG-TERM-MEDIA-DISTRIBUTION-AGREEMENTS-PROVIDING-FANS-GREATER-ACCESS-TO-NFL-GAMES-THAN-EVER-BEFORE.aspx

ESPN/ABC with the Superbowl in 2026 and 2030. 

Wonder how Yahoo fits in all of this? (Since I work at Yahoo, if we don't carry the games on mobile anymore, there goes my stock options lol). 

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Can we wipe the free agency slate clean and start over with a legitimate cap, please?

Sheesh.

I’m surprised they didn’t push FA back for this, or the NFLPA didn’t at least try to work something out.  

Each team lost 20mil to spend because of what, a week?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

Can we wipe the free agency slate clean and start over with a legitimate cap, please?

Sheesh.

From what I'm seeing, these deals don't start until 2023...I could be wrong, which is often the case.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NE Branch said:

What is the DirecTV impact?  Probably not good for them.

Odd that there was nothing said in the release regarding Sunday Ticket...NFL still has two years to suck off that teat, so they'll just continue to suck that thing dry and hopefully, find a suitable out-of-area partner. 

13 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

From what I'm seeing, these deals don't start until 2023...I could be wrong, which is often the case.

Looks like ESPN is also getting a "bridge" deal for 2022, but unknown if they had to already shell out for that now or not?

18 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Another reason to restructure deals to raise more cap space,  there are still plenty of good players still available .  Just need a couple more solid signings,  maybe a RB or speed WR/TE