Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

4 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

How can you not like this assuming it's dirt cheap? If Allen ever got hurt with Barkley at backup, we were totally screwed. Trubisky isn't great but he can get by.

Exactly,if Bills had to survive an extended period ,say 4 games,worhout Josh,I would rather have Trubisky

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Terry Pegula loved Trubisky going into that draft. 

Not saying that had anything to do with it, but I'm sure he's excited to have the guy on the Bills as the 2nd option. 

Peoples heads are exploding over this and I think it’s hilarious. He’s a back up quarterback on this team. He’s an upgrade over all the other back up quarterbacks on this team

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

The Pegulas obviously think highly of him if they picked him up on their private jet. This is probably insurance in case Josh walks after his rookie contract. Also, I’ve been drunk heavily since noon yesterday 

Give credit to guy who posted about the jet being in Chicago. Just never thought it was for backup qb.  Greyhound would have sufficed or maybe Uber as part of signing bonus.  😀

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Signing Mitchell Trubitzky after using a high draft pick on Jake Fromm is a clear sign that every one on the team has to earn their starting role every year, week, and day.  This has serious shades of Rob Johnson and Doug Flutie.  I think the locker room is strong at this point but I really hope this isn't the start of another QB controversy.

Lets not forget, Trubixy was the SECOND OVERALL PICK in the draft not long ago.  The guy was considered a serious talent.  The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league.  One or two bad games from Allen, or god forbid an injury, and I think its very realistic we could have a debate about the starting QB and a locker room divided.

I hope I'm wrong fellas....

Fifth round is a high draft pick?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Brennan Huff said:

Peoples heads are exploding over this and I think it’s hilarious. He’s a back up quarterback on this team. He’s an upgrade over all the other back up quarterbacks on this team

Exactly... It's a nice luxury to have a guy who was talented enough to go #2 overall a few years ago as your backup. For the Bills. 

that's how far we've come, and it's great!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

How can you not like this assuming it's dirt cheap? If Allen ever got hurt with Barkley at backup, we were totally screwed. Trubisky isn't great but he can get by.

I don't know...maybe he is useful in the case that Allen just goes down for a few games (like Drew Brees the last couple of years).  However, I keep thinking of a reporter who talked about watching a Colts practice when Peyton was the QB.  He saw Peyton getting almost all the snaps.  He talked to Polian about the fact that A) his backup qb was Jim Sorgi and B) He didn't give him any practice.  Polian's response was "If Peyton goes down we're screwed....so why waste time and money on his backup.  I kind of feel the same about Josh Allen.  I think that for me it will depend on the cost.  If Trubiski is relatively cheep...and is coming here to learn the way Josh Allen learned...then it makes sense all around.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

You're wrong.  They just want a more solid backup and they had an opportunity.  

Beane already tweeted they only expect him here for a year as a rest for him.  Will be trade capital.  Fromm may be long term backup plan.  

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This honestly doesn’t make any sense to me. 

I think it makes more sense for the Bills than it does for Trubisky. I really thought there'd be a team so desperate for a QB that they'd give Mitch a chance to start, or at least compete for a starting job.

I'm okay with it, though. He'll be a decent backup.

People believe this is the beginning of another Johnson/Flutie controversy. Bwhahahhahahaha!  Oh man.  I have a bad case of btsd but that’s some next level stuff.

and others would rather have Peterman over Trubisky!!!!!  😲 

my new favorite thread

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1