Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

21 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I wonder how many teams were trying to sign Mitch before he signed with us. I’m still shocked he ended up coming here. I love that we upgraded the back up QB spot

I think that reality set in for Trubisky. Beane's idea for him to come here and observe and take it all in should help Trubisky. Hit the reset button for sure. I live in Chicago now and Bear's fans have been tough on him. He was pretty much thrown to the wolves here.

14 minutes ago, vincec said:

I have no doubt that Trubisky is more talented than Barkely but this is just a one year rental so he's not the new long term backup. How much can he pickup and improve in part of one season before he may be needed? Then next year they have Fromm. It's too bad that they couldn't fine someone that they could rely on for at least 2 or 3 seasons.

Is there any evidence  that Fromm will amount to anything?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I think his point is that the 12-4 bears team won because of its amazing defense, not because of the qb. He’s absolutely right about that. It’s a team game at the end of the day even though qb is the most important position.

I spent several Sundays watching Bear's games with Bear's fans. Not a pretty sight and something we can relate to as Bills fans. Their defense spends all day on the field with an unimaginative offense! Drives end at mid field!

3 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Goff was simply part of the deal the Lions had to accept to get rid of Stafford. Jared Goff might do great things for the Lions, but I think they’d consider that a bonus. I’m surprised how many people think the Lions want Goff as their future. 

Not sure who you’re arguing with. You did see where yolo said he doesn’t believe the Lions are invested in Goff as their future?

1 hour ago, Beerball said:

Not sure who you’re arguing with. You did see where yolo said he doesn’t believe the Lions are invested in Goff as their future?

I was actually agreeing with him, and just explaining why I see it the same way. It was probably poorly written. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, vincec said:

I have no doubt that Trubisky is more talented than Barkely but this is just a one year rental so he's not the new long term backup. How much can he pickup and improve in part of one season before he may be needed? Then next year they have Fromm. It's too bad that they couldn't fine someone that they could rely on for at least 2 or 3 seasons.

Every QB signed as a backup this off-season was signed for 1 year.  And if MT doesn't see the field to showcase himself, he could very well be back. 

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Is there any evidence  that Fromm will amount to anything?

Signing MT allows them to find out without making him the sole backup. 

9 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

I think that reality set in for Trubisky. Beane's idea for him to come here and observe and take it all in should help Trubisky. Hit the reset button for sure. I live in Chicago now and Bear's fans have been tough on him. He was pretty much thrown to the wolves here.

That is not unusual.  We have seen it happen many times with players who come to Bills.

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

That is not unusual.  We have seen it happen many times with players who come to Bills.

You got that right. I am also sharing Bear's fans opinions up close. I live and work among them.

2 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Interesting.

That definitely could be why Trubisky wasn't more successful in Chicago. 

I'm not going to sit here and say it was all on his WRs, but that wasn't a great group.  I'm curious to see what he does with the Bills' offense at the end of blowouts this year. ;)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I'm not going to sit here and say it was all on his WRs, but that wasn't a great group.  I'm curious to see what he does with the Bills' offense at the end of blowouts this year. ;)

When Mitch takes snaps with the 1's in camp it will be the best offense he has ever played with in the NFL.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

How talented were the Bears wide receivers overall? 

I actually blamed Nagy for most of it. 
He did not put his players in a good position to succeed at all. The wideout talent isn’t great but changing the scheme up he could of gotten way better production. The offensive line might of been the worst unit in football last year. Mitch isn’t elite, but he has some potential not unlocked imo 

• Like (+1) 1

Having most my family come from Chicago including myself, it was pretty funny hearing them complain about how incompetent the bears as an organization are after this went down. Got so much ***** my whole life being a bills fan from my uncle's lol 

Edited by Kenosha2Buffalo

31 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I actually blamed Nagy for most of it. 
He did not put his players in a good position to succeed at all. The wideout talent isn’t great but changing the scheme up he could of gotten way better production. The offensive line might of been the worst unit in football last year. Mitch isn’t elite, but he has some potential not unlocked imo 

Agree about Nagy.  He conned the Bears into thinking he was good because he was the OC of the Chiefs (pre-Mahomes), when it's Reid who is the brains behind that outfit. 

• Agree 1