Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lions just gave QB Tim Boyle 2.5 mill lol 

To be fair, Yolo, with Goff there you can smell QB controversy. The talent/performance differential between the two isn’t that big. I think it’s wise for the Lions to avoid that, especially with a new coach.

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

To be fair, Yolo, with Goff there you can smell QB controversy. The talent/performance differential between the two isn’t that big. I think it’s wise for the Lions to avoid that, especially with a new coach.

I’ve never even heard of Tim Boyle but have no doubt he can challenge Goff 

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Enh. I think Goff is pretty good. Not great, but a little better than league average. If he had been a second round pick, people wouldn’t be so down on him. Same goes for trubisky.

Edited by dave mcbride

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Ultimately, winning and money are the two biggest factors for most players. I stand behind the Buffalo effect comment. The Bills appear to have a dynamic QB and a chance to make a big run to the super bowl. However,  let's get realistic here. Buffalo is a small market team with a city that can't compare to the likes of the bigger market teams. It's  fair to say when all things are even a player will select the bigger splasher market team vs Buffalo. It's no coincidence that Buffalo hasn't landed many big time big name players. Of course other variables are in play. I guess maybe you can throw T. Owens out there If you dare. For me, it felt good to say the Buffalo effect in a positive light...

With all due respect, I completely disagree. Because if that was true, why aren’t the Jets and Giants better? Why doesn’t Miami and LA get every FA? In the nfl, that stuff doesn’t matter as much as in other sports.  

it’s about money, winning, and I believe a qb. Then it’s all that other stuff but that’s far down the list. Players’ careers are too short to think that they can only go to the biggest market or best party scene. Also, and I believe it rarely happens, if we lost a player to Miami or NYc (which again, never happens) because of other factors, is that even a player we want anyways?

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah, now that hate on Goff has gone way too far. 

44 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Interesting stat here that shows Bills now have best QB room in league.  

Wins since 2017 by QB.  Both Allen and trubisky in top 15.   Both having more than Mayfield.  Carr.  Ryan.  Watson.  Tannehill Etc

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/qb-wins-leaders-since-2017

I love the Mitch pickup but qbs wins is such a stupid stat. How many starting level qbs won’t have had a lot of wins on that Playoff bears team? Deshaun Massage had 4 wins last year. I’m guessing if he was on the Bears instead of Mitch, they might have won the SB that year. Such a flawed stat. 

45 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Enh. I think Goff is pretty good. Not great, but a little better than league average. If he had been a second round pick, people wouldn’t be so down on him. Same goes for trubisky.

I've seen some say McVay made him look decent. Idk, but will soon see if there's any truth to it.

On 3/18/2021 at 3:52 PM, nucci said:

Yet we re-signed all our potential FAs that we wanted back plus an upgrade at backup QB. I really wish people would stop with the cap. 

the cap is a legit issue THIS year.  Let me also clarify, i like what Beane has done this year and every year.

Also, he got Mitch on a GREAT deal for us.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

My comment was more about how I don’t think the lions are very invested In  Goff as their guy 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

We'll find out this year if it was McVay playing "puppet master" the entire time or if Goff actually has a grasp on NFL defenses. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

With all due respect, I completely disagree. Because if that was true, why aren’t the Jets and Giants better? Why doesn’t Miami and LA get every FA? In the nfl, that stuff doesn’t matter as much as in other sports.  

it’s about money, winning, and I believe a qb. Then it’s all that other stuff but that’s far down the list. Players’ careers are too short to think that they can only go to the biggest market or best party scene. Also, and I believe it rarely happens, if we lost a player to Miami or NYc (which again, never happens) because of other factors, is that even a player we want anyways?

Yeah, now that hate on Goff has gone way too far. 

I love the Mitch pickup but qbs wins is such a stupid stat. How many starting level qbs won’t have had a lot of wins on that Playoff bears team? Deshaun Massage had 4 wins last year. I’m guessing if he was on the Bears instead of Mitch, they might have won the SB that year. Such a flawed stat. 

C. Biscuit, I'm not sure why you completely disagree with me? I said a player's top priority is winning and money and you repeat it. I stated we have a dynamic looking QB and you talk about the importance of a QB? I'm confused. Area is further down the priority list but still played a small role. 

Edited by newcam2012

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

My comment was more about how I don’t think the lions are very invested In  Goff as their guy 

Goff was simply part of the deal the Lions had to accept to get rid of Stafford. Jared Goff might do great things for the Lions, but I think they’d consider that a bonus. I’m surprised how many people think the Lions want Goff as their future. 

18 hours ago, H2o said:

We'll find out this year if it was McVay playing "puppet master" the entire time or if Goff actually has a grasp on NFL defenses. 

Yep, it feels like Goff trajectory flattened once it got out that McVay was having the Rams get to the line and snap the ball before the helmet speaker went off. Not sure how accurate that is for the time sequence because I didn’t watch the Rams as close as the Bills.

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

C. Biscuit, I'm not sure why you completely disagree with me? I said a player's top priority is winning and money and you repeat it. I stated we have a dynamic looking QB and you talk about the importance of a QB? I'm confused. Area is further down the priority list but still played a small role. 

I think his point is that the 12-4 bears team won because of its amazing defense, not because of the qb. He’s absolutely right about that. It’s a team game at the end of the day even though qb is the most important position.

• Like (+1) 1

I have no doubt that Trubisky is more talented than Barkely but this is just a one year rental so he's not the new long term backup. How much can he pickup and improve in part of one season before he may be needed? Then next year they have Fromm. It's too bad that they couldn't fine someone that they could rely on for at least 2 or 3 seasons.