Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

2 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

No I get it. It’s cheap. N it would all fall apart but if you’re already planning on Allen to get hurt you can’t plan when. And if he gets hurt in the playoffs Trubisky ain’t saving us. Just think the money could have been put into another piece. But I understand the move. 

What we got is one of or the best Back up QB's in the league. How many teams can say their backup will win a play off game? I doubt you will find one. BUT..

I will say this. Mitch got RUINED by Chicago. IF josh is out for 2-4 games in a season I can expect Mitch will win half those games. That's why We have him. There is no ill illusion that he will be back next year but this is what he does bring. 

1. One of the most solid backups in the league.
  2. Future possible trade value.
  3. And IF Josh gets hurt winning 2-3 games out of 4 is much better then 0-1 out of 4.

And what does Mitch get?

1. Solid learning time behind a top 5 QB in this league to learn from
  2. A reset to take a step back and gather himself
  3. Goes to a solid organization to learn how things SHOULD BE.
  4. And come out looking brighter on the other side.

And no I don't think you do get it.. This has little to do with the price tag and more to do with what I stated. By all means I feel he starts somewhere next year in a better place then Chicago. This is very much about Mitch reviving his career and us getting something for it.

So if you agree to all of this and understand it. Then maybe then people will believe you "get it"

EDITED. And IF you don't think Mitch is a potential starter then I will give you one insane fact. We may have the first and second best QB in the division. 

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I miss the battles over Losman and Holcomb. 

I remember a thread in the mid-2000's on the now-defunct BBMB entitled something like: "Would you trade JP Losman for Tom Brady straight up?". And the poll associated with it was 50-50.

Another poster there claimed Losman-Evans-McGahee were the next Kelly-Reed-Thomas. LOL!

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 1

I like this move, it is a small upgrade over Barkley, the only real loss is Barkley in The locker room as he seemed to be beloved. I think you have to make this move but it would have been a down grade of on field talent to keep Barkley. Bills go from one of the lesser backup QB situations to a top 10 backup. Not bad.

2 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Outstanding move by Beane and the Bills. Backup QB was a little discussed but nevertheless glaring need. Bills havent been as strong at the all important position since JK and FR.

Yea I talked about it and got trolled over it lol

48 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I like this move, it is a small upgrade over Barkley, the only real loss is Barkley in The locker room as he seemed to be beloved. I think you have to make this move but it would have been a down grade of on field talent to keep Barkley. Bills go from one of the lesser backup QB situations to a top 10 backup. Not bad.

Good lockerroom guys leave every week in the nfl. Barkley is certainly a good guy but man, is he overrated on this board.  Do you really think it’s that hard to wear a backwards hat, fart and blame it on someone, and play video games with Josh? I think Mitch and Josh will be best bros. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Boxcar said:

Sad part is, this is probably true. Sometimes I do wonder what would have happened if the Bears ended up with Mahomes and the Chiefs with Trubisky. It really feels like the Bears are literally incapable of having a good QB since Jay Cutler.

Like my mother used to say when we broke something, “that’s why we can’t have nice thing.”

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good lockerroom guys leave every week in the nfl. Barkley is certainly a good guy but man, is he overrated on this board.  Do you really think it’s that hard to wear a backwards hat, fart and blame it on someone, and play video games with Josh? I think Mitch and Josh will be best bros. 

Locker room guys aren’t worthless. But I do agree that it is easily worth the upgrade at backup QB to take away a positive locker room influence. I loved Barkley but there is so much value that you can provide being a good locker room guy.

18 hours ago, nucci said:

You really think Beane would do this? We have re-signed all potential FAs that we wanted back and added a Punter and improved at backup QB. Yes, fans shouldn't worry about contracts....LOL.... 

what? My point is fans "should" worry about contracts. Every time you over pay market rate for any player you have less money to spend to make team better. Due to salary cap.

Not sure what point you are making.

12 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Fans always over complicate things. How many times did we really miss out on game changing FAs? It’s even easier to get FAs when you win and have a qb. I hated they even tried to get Antonio Brown in the first place but I believed he would have come 100% if it was this year and he saw this version of Allen.

Let’s drop this woe is me thought about Buffalo. It’s great place and amazing if you win.  Hawaii sucks when you’re a loser. 

Ultimately, winning and money are the two biggest factors for most players. I stand behind the Buffalo effect comment. The Bills appear to have a dynamic QB and a chance to make a big run to the super bowl. However,  let's get realistic here. Buffalo is a small market team with a city that can't compare to the likes of the bigger market teams. It's  fair to say when all things are even a player will select the bigger splasher market team vs Buffalo. It's no coincidence that Buffalo hasn't landed many big time big name players. Of course other variables are in play. I guess maybe you can throw T. Owens out there If you dare. For me, it felt good to say the Buffalo effect in a positive light...

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Sweats said:

I cant root for a guy who's name sounds like an hor deourve, for christ's sakes....mitch trebisky anyone?....oh, you just have to try the trebisky.

That from someone whose login alias is a illness symptom.  You think Trebisky gets the Sweats?