Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

Is there a better backup QB in the league?  Much less for $2.5M?  I can’t think of one. 

Again, for his sake, I hope he tries to hook up with Palmer, if Palmer has room. I also hope he gets plenty of chances to showcase himself...at the end of blowouts. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Can’t believe I’m saying this about MT but I kinda love This move. Fans love overrating their players but I couldn’t believe how many fans didn’t realize how bad Barkley was (super nice guy). Considering the era he plays in (passing numbers are on steroids), he had some of the worst numbers possibly ever.  He would have been a huge deterrent to a SB run if he ever had to play.

MT was a terrible pick where he went but it becomes idiotic how over the top it goes. Dude helped guide team to the playoffs. He has some skills and is athletic. He can definitely win games and is one of the best backups in the league. This is a huge upgrade and could work of for Mitchell long term if he (hopefully not) has to play a few games for us. Great move. 

also, in hindsight, trading up for Mitchell instead of taking Mahomes or Deshaun Massage was probably a mistake. 😬

8410D29D-FED4-47D2-B834-FDE4847EB22C.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I'd bet that Mitch Trubisky in the right system is a much better QB than Cam Newton, who got like 6 times the amount of money. At the very least, he's comparable.

I guess broken down Cam. But Cam was much, much, much better than MT when he was healthy. But I love Mitchell as our backup. 

46 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

I mean I can't be positive 😁

I just think if Dalton, Fitz and Tyrod got paid what they did then Trubisky could have gotten something more than 2.5 million from someone.

Fitz is way better than those guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Can’t believe I’m saying this about MT but I kinda love This move. Fans love overrating their players but I couldn’t believe how many fans didn’t realize how bad Barkley was (super nice guy). Considering the era he plays in (passing numbers are on steroids), he had some of the worst numbers possibly ever.  He would have been a huge deterrent to a SB run if he ever had to play.

MT was a terrible pick where he went but it becomes idiotic how over the top it goes. Dude helped guide team to the playoffs. He has some skills and is athletic. He can definitely win games and is one of the best backups in the league. This is a huge upgrade and could work of for Mitchell long term if he (hopefully not) has to play a few games for us. Great move. 

also, in hindsight, trading up for Mitchell instead of taking Mahomes or Deshaun Massage was probably a mistake. 😬

8410D29D-FED4-47D2-B834-FDE4847EB22C.jpeg

I guess broken down Cam. But Cam was much, much, much better than MT when he was healthy. But I love Mitchell as our backup. 

My assumption at this point is Cam is permanently and fundamentally broken.

17 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

It's the Buffalo effect. I think players want to come to Buffalo.

Weve seen enough evidence of it this offseason already.  Another successful year like last year, and the league cap situation not being in shambles, and next year should be the most fun offseason yet!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

You are obviously entitled to your opinion on barkley > Trubisky as QB2 but it’s going to be a tough road finding any allies on that. Like, anywhere. 

Yeah, MT played pretty decent starting out. Hasn't quite been as good as of late, but clearly an upgrade over Barkley. I think maybe some may be stuck on that Jets game when Barkley played great and possibly over looking his overall performance. Idk, jmo.

The had a segment on gmfb this AM would you rather be the "hunter" (Cheaters) or "hunted" (Bills) and KB said Bills - "rn their backup QB is better than NE's starting QB" lol

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Are you sure? I'm guessing if he was offered $10M to be a starter he would not have signed here. Not sure any of those guys would have been offered more. Cap is tight for most teams and good WRs are out there still unsigned. The security of a good contract and staying here certainly helped

If Dalton, Tyrod and Fitz are getting 10M, Trubisky is getting at least those offers. He gets a chance to have some pressure taken off of him. He starts meaningless week 17 game, goes off and gets 15 million to be the Bears QB next year

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well first....

Barkley's TD to INT is 11/22.  He literally has twice as many INT's than TD's.

54% completion percentage.

His QB rating is 66.6...you read that right.  He needs to take a bath in Holy Water.

Trubisky

64 TD's to 37 INT's.  He's the complete opposite of Barkley.

64% completion percentage

87.2 rating.

Well after reading this, I think you're actually right.  Barkley is clearly better.

Nice reference to Barkley’s evil QB rating 👍 I suppose that explains why he led Beasley to slaughter with that garbage time throw. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

It's the Buffalo effect. I think players want to come to Buffalo.

Fans always over complicate things. How many times did we really miss out on game changing FAs? It’s even easier to get FAs when you win and have a qb. I hated they even tried to get Antonio Brown in the first place but I believed he would have come 100% if it was this year and he saw this version of Allen.

Let’s drop this woe is me thought about Buffalo. It’s great place and amazing if you win.  Hawaii sucks when you’re a loser. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Fans always over complicate things. How many times did we really miss out on game changing FAs? It’s even easier to get FAs when you win and have a qb. I hated they even tried to get Antonio Brown in the first place but I believed he would have come 100% if it was this year and he saw this version of Allen.

Let’s drop this woe is me thought about Buffalo. It’s great place and amazing if you win.  Hawaii sucks when you’re a loser. 

Good call, I remember when Bills fans expected big time players to come play with Kelly Holcomb. When we missed out they’d blame Buffalo for not having enough culture or opera houses. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Good call, I remember when Bills fans expected big time players to come play with Kelly Holcomb. When we missed out they’d blame Buffalo for not having enough culture or opera houses. 

I miss the battles over Losman and Holcomb. 

• Haha (+1) 5

15 hours ago, DCofNC said:

You wanted to roll with Fromm as the only back up?  I mean this is essentially what they paid Barkley for last year.  How much more confidence is there in this team not being completely screwed if Allen misses a few games now?

No I get it. It’s cheap. N it would all fall apart but if you’re already planning on Allen to get hurt you can’t plan when. And if he gets hurt in the playoffs Trubisky ain’t saving us. Just think the money could have been put into another piece. But I understand the move. 

• Vomit 2

21 hours ago, NewEra said:

Lol thanks.  I just skimmed a few pages.  I was about to really dig into it and see if there’s any more gold in here.

how about Peterman?  One dude said he’d rather have Peterman.... that true? Someone would rather have sweet Nate Pete over trubillsky?

Musta been Gruden 😎

1 hour ago, Rebel101 said:

No I get it. It’s cheap. N it would all fall apart but if you’re already planning on Allen to get hurt you can’t plan when. And if he gets hurt in the playoffs Trubisky ain’t saving us. Just think the money could have been put into another piece. But I understand the move. 

Maybe, maybe not, but I feel a whole lot better with Mitch than Barkley or Fromm.  There’s no reason Mitch can’t be as good as  Foles, he’s way more physically gifted and has had reasonable success as a starter.  The way I see it, obviously you want Allen in there, but if he goes down for even a couple games, the guys we had behind him were almost a guaranteed loss (Fromm is an unknown so whatever you want to think there), and in a division where I expect it to take 11 wins or more to get a playoff birth, there’s very little room for error.  You can build the rest of the team, but the key is the QB and we all know it.  I don’t want a Dallas like implosion over here, I still want a chance to make the playoffs if Allen is out for any period of time.  We now have that.  The difference of 2.5M vs the cap is well worth that insurance.   MT is a fringe starter at this point, with some elite traits, but ultimately, he’s a lower end starter.  That’s a helluva backup. 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

You are obviously entitled to your opinion on barkley > Trubisky as QB2 but it’s going to be a tough road finding any allies on that. Like, anywhere. 

Well, he's always got a shot with Nick Wrong, but hitching your dreams to that horse(face) would be a less than good idea...

• Haha (+1) 1