Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

2 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Disagree that's he an upgrade.

Barkley is a lot better than fans give him credit for. 

You are obviously entitled to your opinion on barkley > Trubisky as QB2 but it’s going to be a tough road finding any allies on that. Like, anywhere. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, NJKBillsfan said:

He barley even played in Buffalo so how could you evaluate him?

And when he started against the Jets he lit them up and put up over 40 points. 

using your logic then how can you say he's better than Trubisky?

9 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I'm open to Trubisky being an upgrade but I watched a couple Bears games last year and he was horrible. 

I'll go back and watch another but I'm not too optimistic right now. 

I watched a couple Bears games from last season and he was awful.

I don't know maybe I just picked the wrong games 🤷‍♂️

I'm not saying he's great but has a better arm than Barkley and can also run. He's a better option at backup. That's all

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

How do you figure he's better?

Did you watch a lot of Bears game?

Well first....

Barkley's TD to INT is 11/22.  He literally has twice as many INT's than TD's.

54% completion percentage.

His QB rating is 66.6...you read that right.  He needs to take a bath in Holy Water.

Trubisky

64 TD's to 37 INT's.  He's the complete opposite of Barkley.

64% completion percentage

87.2 rating.

Well after reading this, I think you're actually right.  Barkley is clearly better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

This was a Free Agent strategy very few, if any, saw coming but leave it to Beane to make an under-the-radar FA acquisition that is truly critical for the team's success. Mitch as Josh's back-up is such a key move by this Front Office. It signals that the team as a whole has taken tremendous strides toward expected excellence. Again, well done to Beane and his staff. 

I wonder if they could even use Mitch with Josh in some weird trick plays, given both guys are pretty athletic, mobile and tough QBs. Our own Taysom Hill except actually a QB.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

How do you figure he's better?

Did you watch a lot of Bears game?

The jets had little time to prep for Barkley with no film on him in our system. One game doesn’t make a career. 

There’s their records as starters, stats, film, and just natural talent. Trubisky is better than Barkley at all of them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsDude said:

And we should see this coming Too: Phillip Lindsay a Colorado Buffalo with Buffalo on helmet coming to Buffalo with Buffalo on helmet.

Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo something something Inception something buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

strange move

By riding the pines behind a better QB?

He clearly regressed under Nagy.

The Bills developed Josh why not rehab Trubillsky?

He has played at a high level in the past and getting out of Chi Town will be the start of his career rebuild.

He has a greater skill set than MB that fits the Bills system plus he doesn't have to be "The Man " here.

The Alpha Dog is clearly Josh.

Edited by JMF2006

Beane is justifiably getting loads of credit but I think we also need to McD and the rest of the coaching staff some credit as well.

The Trubisky signing isn't something that pushes us over the top and I know that none of us ever want to see him taking any meaningful snaps, but I don't think there is any question that he could have been paid a LOT more somewhere else.

McD and the staff have clearly built something pretty special & the word is out.  Trubisky went from a team that never really had his back & didn't give him any support to a a team that players absolutely love playing for.

Almost every player that we re-signed could have taken more money elsewhere if they waited it out a bit - Dion, Tre, Milano, D Williams, Feliciano & Levi.  Heck, Levi pretty much said that he didn't want to play anywhere else.  Obviously winning helps that but this team just seems to love being together and that can't be overstated.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Beane is justifiably getting loads of credit but I think we also need to McD and the rest of the coaching staff some credit as well.

The Trubisky signing isn't something that pushes us over the top and I know that none of us ever want to see him taking any meaningful snaps, but I don't think there is any question that he could have been paid a LOT more somewhere else.

McD and the staff have clearly built something pretty special & the word is out.  Trubisky went from a team that never really had his back & didn't give him any support to a a team that players absolutely love playing for.

Almost every player that we re-signed could have taken more money elsewhere if they waited it out a bit - Dion, Tre, Milano, D Williams, Feliciano & Levi.  Heck, Levi pretty much said that he didn't want to play anywhere else.  Obviously winning helps that but this team just seems to love being together and that can't be overstated.

Are you sure? I'm guessing if he was offered $10M to be a starter he would not have signed here. Not sure any of those guys would have been offered more. Cap is tight for most teams and good WRs are out there still unsigned. The security of a good contract and staying here certainly helped

13 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

7B5D400B-4C95-44CF-A9CC-AE3A367F3529.jpeg.1ae3bbb09b0512ce0af2f6ddc5e843b0.jpeg

Mitchell Trubisky and Brian Daboll

When adjusted for inflation that would be the ~$28 Million Dollar Man. Or about starting QB salary.

Glad we got him for 1976 era Jaime Sommers/Lindsay Wagner* prices*.*

*They both got the bionic arm, but she didn't get the eye. 

**Just referencing the glass ceiling for females, not advocating or approving before anyone says I need to be more woke.

(As a 50 y/o I'm ashamed of myself for using the word "woke" outside of what I do in the morning.)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

Are you sure? I'm guessing if he was offered $10M to be a starter he would not have signed here. Not sure any of those guys would have been offered more. Cap is tight for most teams and good WRs are out there still unsigned. The security of a good contract and staying here certainly helped

I mean I can't be positive 😁

I just think if Dalton, Fitz and Tyrod got paid what they did then Trubisky could have gotten something more than 2.5 million from someone.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

I mean I can't be positive 😁

I just think if Dalton, Fitz and Tyrod got paid what they did then Trubisky could have gotten something more than 2.5 million from someone.

I would think so also. Does seem a bit strange

40 minutes ago, nucci said:

I'd bet that Mitch Trubisky in the right system is a much better QB than Cam Newton, who got like 6 times the amount of money. At the very least, he's comparable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1