Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

The thing that gets lost in this to me

Beane knows if Josh goes down were *****.....so he addressed it

A wonderful scenario would be we let Mitch play a LOT in pre season......and he shines.....then we hold onto that poker chip and when a QB goes down (which they inevitably do) you trade Mitch for a first round/high second round pick

Beane.....equals....wizard

• Like (+1) 8

2 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Maybe we signed Trubisky to trade to the Eagles 😂. I get he was only 2.5 mil so why the ***** not for insurance purposes. But money could have been spent elsewhere then again wtf do I know 🤷🏻‍♂️

You wanted to roll with Fromm as the only back up?  I mean this is essentially what they paid Barkley for last year.  How much more confidence is there in this team not being completely screwed if Allen misses a few games now?

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Forgive me for not slogging through 28 pages, but anyone else wondering how many 'off' series of downs for Allen before Sullivan starts clamouring for Trubisky?

He was the #2 pick, higher than Josh and has more starts.. clearly the right call.

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

You wanted to roll with Fromm as the only back up?  I mean this is essentially what they paid Barkley for last year.  How much more confidence is there in this team not being completely screwed if Allen misses a few games now?

Exactly, If Buffalo would be 5-1 in a given stretch with Allen, I could see them being 3-3 or 4-2 under Trubisky in that same stretch.   I did not have confidence in Buffalo beating too many people under Barkley or Fromm

Edited by dgrochester55

52 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

As a back up... you do understand the difference?

He was a back up! 

58 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You need to understand the difference between "starter" and "backup"

Most starting QBs would make excellent backups

Dude was a backup.  

• Eyeroll 1

29 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Huh, how's about that...way out of left field. I guess maybe they weren't thrilled with what they've seen outta Fromm? They speak highly of Davis Webb's football IQ but don't seem to wanna see him on the field. And I figured Troobabinski would've went somewhere he thought he'd have a shot at QB1. 

I don’t think it says anything about Fromm other than Trubisky is a great backup QB, much less at that salary. He is only with the Bills for one year so they’ll still need a back up quarterback after he’s gone. 

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Forgive me for not slogging through 28 pages, but anyone else wondering how many 'off' series of downs for Allen before Sullivan starts clamouring for Trubisky?

I don’t think anyone cares. If anyone has any doubts about Josh after last year‘s performance, they’re idiots.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Not debating Trubisky's value as a backup.  Merely wondering what the sports mavens will be saying on an 'off' day for Allen.

I just plain don’t care. AT ALL.  Some may, I admit. Josh is THE GUY for me and I’m pretty sure 100% of the locker room, regardless of bad days next year. If Josh were a Jay Cutler type, he might lose some guys with a bad stretch. He IS not, and he WILL not. IMO

Forget the media, they work for clicks. The TEAM knows.