Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Damn well better be for super cheap. This is out left field to me... especially considering Josh didn't miss a game last year 

1 year $2.5 mil

how-do-you-like-them-apples.jpg

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We should have seen this coming.

Trubisky went to the University of North CAROLINA

Beane keeps the Carolina pipeline alive!

And we should see this coming Too: Phillip Lindsay a Colorado Buffalo with Buffalo on helmet coming to Buffalo with Buffalo on helmet.

Huh, how's about that...way out of left field. I guess maybe they weren't thrilled with what they've seen outta Fromm? They speak highly of Davis Webb's football IQ but don't seem to wanna see him on the field. And I figured Troobabinski would've went somewhere he thought he'd have a shot at QB1. 

I’ve always felt that Trubisky was the one the Bills wanted in 2017. They were all over him, and while Beane wasn’t with us yet, he had seen him play a lot in Carolina and I’m sure their was some positive feelings there pass on to Coach. I’ve mentioned this before, and people didn’t like it, but they were never going to take Mahomes, they wanted Trubisky imo. When they realized what it was going to take to get up to draft him, they punted. 

Anyway, this is a good type of guy on the roster, a young guy who was a former top prospect and obviously has talent. I am excited about him. I think he adds to the QB room and should fit right in here. He has enough experience that it would not be deer in the headlights situation, and he has the talent to do some things if he every has to step in and play. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I find it hard to believe she'd get that excited about the Bills signing a 30 year old TE with only 6 more receptions than his age last season

Don't get me wrong, I was hoping we'd sign him as a good vet presence, but would that really be a team-choosing clincher of a move?

I am guessing that is what she is talking about. Then again might be something else. Definitely wasn’t Mitch. I don’t know why they just don’t name the rumor 

https://theathletic.com/2461912/2021/03/18/mitchell-trubisky-gives-bills-an-instant-upgrade-at-backup-quarterback/

Joe B take in the Athletic (paywall, trial available).  Take home:

Trubisky instantly improves the depth at quarterback, and with Allen now the well-established starter, the Bills had no hesitation in bringing in a high-profile name to serve as the backup. To the Bills, Trubisky is a high-upside pickup for a low cost. Even with some injuries on defense last season, the Bills were extremely fortunate that they never had to start a game without Allen as their quarterback. Allen is prone to take big hits with his running style and his keep the play alive at all costs mentality, which makes Trubisky valuable insurance. They have a player in Trubisky who can put them in a position to win even if Allen is injured, they don’t have to spend much cap space on him and he could yield a worthwhile future return in the form of a 2023 compensatory pick.

Also this:

If nothing else, Trubisky has to serve as an object lesson to Josh that there can be a mighty big slide if you don't keep your pedal to the metal and keep striving to up your game.

27 minutes ago, TBBills said:

1 year $2.5 mil

how-do-you-like-them-apples.jpg

Nice meme but the wrong scene.......had to point out because the extra in the brown sweater with blue shirt is a Bills fan.    Nice guy but farts a lot and thinks it's funny.  Batted after him in little league unfortunately.

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

Keep in mind that up to very recently, a signing of this caliber would have been handled as competition to be the starting qb.     Now he is strictly a backup and a huge upgrade over Barkley.     I feel like he could do well enough with the offense around him to fill in for a few games if Allen was to get hurt for awhile.

Edited by dgrochester55