Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

What a bargain on a quality BU that fits the scheme.

Beane does it again well done sir :)

Did any one predict this in "What to do about the BU QB" thread?

So long Matt your were a great teammate and mentor for Josh all the best wherever you land(except if Bellicheat comes calling) :)

Edited by JMF2006
So long Matt

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Why not? I mean it’s never happened before in the history of the NFL, surely it will happen with Bum Trubisky and his inability to throw left.

If all we call for him are throws to the right maybe everyone will forget that flaw! Boom multiple picks and 7 thousand first rounders. Yaaaay!

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Why not? I mean it’s never happened before in the history of the NFL, surely it will happen with Bum Trubisky and his inability to throw left.

Really hmmmm Bradford says Hi. 

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

There were quite a few people here who were thinking Fromm would be the no .  2 guy lol.  Obviously  the coaches didn't think much of him to bring in Trubisky.

It does appear they think he is not up to the task.. he was a bit above average college Level QB, looks like he still is, but to his credit he has done the emergency Covid QB thing without any whining, so good on him, he fills a role for the team, and may again this upcoming season. 

You can either like or not like this move, but if anyone had told me that the Bills fan base would be wondering how bringing in a former #1 draft pick wouldn't immediately cause a QB controversy in WNY, I'd have said they were crazy!  Almost makes me miss the old days (two years ago) when every other thread was about who'd be 'under center' at the start of the season.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

My first thought was that this should make @Kelly the Dog very happy.........he finds Barkley about as useful as I do Star Loturdlelei.

Mitch Frerotte was better than Barkley.

Great guy. Great teammate. Great in QB room and on sideline. Smart. Lousy player. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Funny how a lot of posters here said he sucked in Chicago and now that he is in Buffalo he's a great addition.  LOL.

Totally different situation. Hell no as starter. Hell yes as backup. 

Edited by Kelly the Dog
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Funny how a lot of posters here said he sucked in Chicago and now that he is in Buffalo he's a great addition.  LOL.

This really isn't too difficult.  One thing is grading him vs other starting QB's and another when grading him against backups.

He's a mid to low end starting QB

He's a high end back up QB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good signing.  His time in Chicago was rough.  My buddy is a huge Bears fan.  Happy that he is gone but he thinks the Bills can give him a chance to learn and have superior talent to work with.  To me, very solid back up.

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Mitch Frerotte was better than Barkley.

Great guy. Great teammate. Great in QB room and on sideline. Smart. Lousy player. 

Totally different situation. Hell no as starter. Hell yes as backup. 

Yeah I think Barkley's QB career is over.

You are going to feel bad for all the shade you threw on him when he is watching the game next to you at Busby's next season though.:beer:

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

There were so many years where this signing would cause infinite arguments.  There’d be those that were convinced that we got a talented QB who was ready to turn things around and shine here in the right offense with the right coaches.  And there’d be those who complain we just wasted a bunch of money on a bust and that we were doomed.  Now we’re all like “Hey, nice pick up.  He’ll make a great back up.”

Those years were just prior to last year.  This year there is no doubt Josh is the man. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

She is taking Ertz

I find it hard to believe she'd get that excited about the Bills signing a 30 year old TE with only 6 more receptions than his age last season

Don't get me wrong, I was hoping we'd sign him as a good vet presence, but would that really be a team-choosing clincher of a move?

• Agree 1