Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

It's the Buffalo effect. I think players want to come to Buffalo.

I also think Mitch is like let me get a year of what they taught Josh. And try resurrecting my career. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yeah, and let’s hope he never sees the field!

Beane is a Grand Wizard. I would have expected Trubisky to land somewhere with a murky QB situation. Beane described it as a “reset” year and he’d get a big starter type contract next year. I guess nobody was even willing to give him that shot at a “maybe” situation. 

Perhaps Trubisky thought no one is going to give him a chance at a good situation, and if he goes into a questionable situation and doesn't put up good numbers he's likely done as a starter.

With all the "QB Chaos" in the league I honestly thought someone would give him a shot.

• Like (+1) 3

Grading QB Mitchell Trubisky’s deal with the Bills: A

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/grading-qb-mitchell-trubisky-deal-192726627.html

under Daboll, Trubisky will have a no-pressure gig unless Allen gets hurt, and he’ll be able to re-learn the position with a playbook that has been proven friendly to remedial quarterbacks. And if Trubisky does have to start for any length of time, a heavy dose of boot-action would do him a world of good. Last season, per Sports Info Solutions, Trubisky completed 31 of 46 passes for 304 yards, 106 yards after the catch, two touchdowns, and no interceptions. Under Daboll, Allen completed 12 of 23 such passes for 120 yards, 69 yards after the catch, four touchdowns, and one interception.

• Like (+1) 4

There were so many years where this signing would cause infinite arguments.  There’d be those that were convinced that we got a talented QB who was ready to turn things around and shine here in the right offense with the right coaches.  And there’d be those who complain we just wasted a bunch of money on a bust and that we were doomed.  Now we’re all like “Hey, nice pick up.  He’ll make a great back up.”

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, chknwing334 said:

Is Nick desperate for attention again?  

Guy is a click bait prick type; I mean can you ever see yourself wanting to hang out or have a drink with this idiot. Totally a narcissist. Beane specifically said it’s not a competition, it’s insurance, it’s a reset for Mitch, he will be here one year esp as can’t afford to keep him when Allen is due to be paid.   Will be either trade bait later in the year or even next year possibly before they let him go. Best scenario , he is good insurance for a year but doesn’t hit field till last game which is meaningless and he comes in , kills it, and some team like the Raiders, Saints, WFT ( btw , does anyone else have their brain read this as WTF when you see it? Just habit!) desperate after a year of poor qb play comes calling !

Not a bad move really.  Just hope draft works out. Will be happy  with off season totally if we somehow land Ertz!   Need a good tight end per Beane last year ( need more fro position) , and consistency is important. Knox may never get there. It’s not about a mentor for Knox. He will be a third year pro. By then you get it or you don’t; rookies need mentors. We need a red zone consistent threat and one more guy we can depend on for third down beside Beasley.  

49 minutes ago, babulator said:

Great signing! A few thoughts:

Steal at that price

Barkley wont get signed by anyone, and this should say all that it is needed to be said.

Fromm to the PS? I doubt anyone is interested in his noodle arm.

The Patriots re-signed Cam.... really? lol

Maybe Cam needs Fromm as a backup?

45 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Nobody likes Fromm, he still thinks he’s on the team, he is the red stapler guy in the basement from Office Space... 😂

There were quite a few people here who were thinking Fromm would be the no .  2 guy lol.  Obviously  the coaches didn't think much of him to bring in Trubisky.

2 hours ago, nucci said:

The contract shouldn't matter to fans. It's about improving the team.

what!! LOL. Improving team and contracts go hand in hand. If Bills spent all their remaining cap on Mitch then this was a terrible signing as they then can't improve the team in positions that matter much more than B/U QB. If he takes vet min then it is a great signing.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Perhaps Trubisky thought no one is going to give him a chance at a good situation, and if he goes into a questionable situation and doesn't put up good numbers he's likely done as a starter.

With all the "QB Chaos" in the league I honestly thought someone would give him a shot.

Welp we will help him get better and be a better QB. The benefit to him he gets to sit behind an amazing QB, watch and learn. One would think after a year he would be more appealing and or.. more for us to get decent draft pick out of him before the trade deadline ends. The Benefit to us is draft capital and IF Josh goes out, we have a solid player that can be counted on.