Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

We had a thread weeks ago about signing him as a backup and I think I kinda bashed the idea that he was a possibility for us. I figured for sure San Fran or some of these sketchy quarterback teams would throw him decent money in case their starters floundered. Mitch must of really wanted the time with Daboll and a chance to play on a playoff team if the starter misses time

17 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I doubt that. Josh loves Buffalo and Buffalo loves Josh. If Beane lets him walk, he'd see pitchforks and torches outside OBD.

Not just that, his wife would divorce him & his kids would never talk to him again.  

I'm surprised by this one.  He's definitely better than the back-up QBs we had but I'm not sure if this was the best use of cap space this year.  I would've rather had Ertz.  

I wonder how people are going to feel when the cap details come out.  I can't imagine he signed for less than Dalton or Tyrod.  I'm guessing 1 yr 8-10mil?  

Although we've already established Beane is a Wizard... so I guess we'll see.

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

That's true, which is why I wish we had him for more than a year. If he looks good in preseason (if there is one) and in (hopefully) mop up duty after some blowouts it would be a potential Rob Johnson style flip to a QB desperate team for a good draft pick

Hopefully he gets in and looks great in the preseason, maybe we can flip him for a decent return on the back side of it all, if not, maybe it sets up got a comp pick, either way, I like this.  Much more stylistically like the starter, means a better chance to win should Josh miss any time. 

5 minutes ago, Adam727 said:

I'm surprised by this one.  He's definitely better than the back-up QBs we had but I'm not sure if this was the best use of cap space this year.  I would've rather had Ertz.  

I wonder how people are going to feel when the cap details come out.  I can't imagine he signed for less than Dalton or Tyrod.  I'm guessing 1 yr 8-10mil?  

Although we've already established Beane is a Wizard... so I guess we'll see.

2.5 milly