Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

21 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You know right now he’s looking for a nice place in Cheektowaga. 

I heard he’s buying Star’s place, now that he’s retiring…

10 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Not sure how he’s gonna swing this coming year into a long-term contract somewhere else. He likely won’t be playing at all. You would think he would’ve picked a place where he could actually compete for a starting job. This time next year, I’m unsure if his value is any higher than it is right now. At least they’ll be more money for a boneheaded GM to throw at him. 

Not the Bills’ problem whether Trubisky can showcase himself this year or not.

3 minutes ago, fmr60 said:

There is another perspective on this.  What if the Bills think they might have difficulty making  a long-term deal with Allen. They keep Trubisky for Allen's remaining 2 years, refine his skills, and have him waiting in the wings.

I doubt that. Josh loves Buffalo and Buffalo loves Josh. If Beane lets him walk, he'd see pitchforks and torches outside OBD.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I'm not being a homer when I say this but I would be more comfortable with our backup, Trubisky, starting than I would be with the Cheaters actual starting QB playing.

In fact, with all those glitzy signing the Cheaters just had, I can't believe they didn't sign a guy like Trubisky and promise him a chance to compete for the starting spot.

I too was thinking this with NE.  They couldve been on the fence, got wind of NE sniffing around, and pulled the trigger. Worst case could be a decent comp pick/best backup qb in league... hey and itll help mitch out. all around win as long as we didnt pay heavily

• Like (+1) 2

Very happy and surprised by this signing.  I think this is a very good move by Mitch.  Other QBs who were drafted really high but did not get a good footing with the first team should seriously consider going this path as opposed to going to another poor to mediocre team and flounder in that role.   Darnold, are you paying attention?

I didn't want to post until I'd threw the entire thread, but the posts are coming faster that I can read them!

Great move.   Beane really has his eyes on the prize.  

Only downside is that it's a one-year deal, and Mitch will be looking to move on as soon as starting jobs open up when the season ends.   Still, nice, nice move. 

I was discussing backup QB with someone here a few months ago.   My view was Barkley was good enough, you just pick up one back up or another off the scrap heap as you need one.   His view was you want a backup who looks and feels like a real starter, because if you lose Allen for multiple gains, you want to be able still to compete.  I agreed, but where do you find one of those guys?  Well, Beane just found one.   

I find it amazing that Beane seems always to zig when we expect him to zag.   Sanders came out of the blue, now Trubisky.   

• Agree 1

Freakin miracle...