Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

Just now, stosh64 said:

I'm curious how Mitch will be accepting his new role.  He was taken #2 overall 4 years ago, there were VERY high expectations attached.

Do you think he will amicably step into a supporting role behind Josh?

Does anyone think there will be sounds of unrest from our new back-up?

Do you think after everything he has been through, and seeing Josh lead this team to the AFC Champ last year, he is so naive to not understand the situation he just signed into?

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, stosh64 said:

I'm curious how Mitch will be accepting his new role.  He was taken #2 overall 4 years ago, there were VERY high expectations attached.

He wouldn't of signed if he did.  He knows Josh is the man.  He gets a ring this year and then a new team!

1 minute ago, stosh64 said:

Considering he decided to sign with a team that has a definitive #1 guy, I'm willing to bet he handles it amicably. 

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

I think Beane is smart enough to understand the cap and sign players to good contracts....since he does it all the time

Agree 100%, I do believe in Beane he has done a great job.  However, Id like to see the numbers and my response was in regard to someone asking why we care about the money.  Theres a valid reason, I want all the players to get paid, so its not about OMG he makes sooo much...its more about looking at how we spend so that we get the most for our "cap" dollars.....and this is a message board so its okay to discuss these things as that does NOT mean I have no faith in Beane..

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Leagues best duo as of today.

69C639A1-EB73-4A4D-8FB4-9A4AB7BE3F61.jpeg

My best friend is a huge Bears fan.  I have seen a lot of Mitch play.  I know it is easy to say, but I can't tell you how many times my buddy was crying over the Bears QB woes, and I would watch Trubisky and tell him "he is raw, but he has potential".  He isn't a useless bust. He was a very athletic QB running an offense that was thin on talent, and (surprisingly) thin on offensive imagination.  Hopefully we never have to find out...but I think Trubisky is a guy who could do very well in the right offense...the Bills offense will be good for him.  He is like second year Josh.  That isn't to say he ever gets to be as good as Allen was in year three, just that you can see there is something there with him.  Like Josh, he showed improvement after sitting on the bench a bit this past season. I think this could be a great signing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'll wait to hear the dollar amount before I come to a solid conclusion but as long at it isn't too big I really like the move.  Obviously you never want t see him take the field except in a blowout but if Josh misses any time we would be dead with Barkley as the starter.  Trubisky will always be criticized a lot because the Bears took him over Watson & Mahomes but he's been a solid player.  Worthy of the #2 pick?  No, but I also think the offensive coaching staff of the Bears and front office haven't done the team any favors in a while.

Having said that, I will really miss Barkley and the energy that he brought to the team.  Not a lot of fan bases can claim to have a great memory of their backup QB but I'll always remember his coat twirling (along with Jerry, Ed, Shaq & Jordan) on the sidelines during the Steelers game last year.  Glad he got in the week 17 game & was able to drop a freaking dime to Gabe.

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love this and the next best part is the Bills brass has already acknowledged this is basically a 1 year deal - let Mitch become the best version of himself.

Lets just think for 30 seconds about this - assume he barely plays - shows out a bit in pre-season and mop up duty.  Most likely a QB needy team goes after him as a FA next off season and he becomes a nice high end Comp Pick.  

Comp picks are based on number and Salary and QBs command huge salary - Bingo nice way for the Bills to move into that phase and have some protection this year as Fromm continues to develop.  Not sure he got a lot of training last year.

The general 'desire' for a backup QB, is that he can go 50-50. Trubisky's record as a starter, exceeds that comfortably.

I don't think anyone here would have had confidence that Barkley could win multiple games if Allen was hurt for a stretch.

Loved the game he won for us against the Jest, but he has done nothing since that inspires any confidence at all in him as a starter if necessary.

Imho Trubisky could win you more games than he loses as a backup, and I don't think you can ask for more than that.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buftex said:

My best friend is a huge Bears fan.  I have seen a lot of Mitch play.  I know it is easy to say, but I can't tell you how many times my buddy was crying over the Bears QB woes, and I would watch Trubisky and tell him "he is raw, but he has potential".  He isn't a useless bust. He was a very athletic QB running an offense that was thin on talent, and (surprisingly) thin on offensive imagination.  Hopefully we never have to find out...but I think Trubisky is a guy who could do very well in the right offense...the Bills offense will be good for him.  He is like second year Josh.  That isn't to say he ever gets to be as good as Allen was in year three, just that you can see there is something there with him.  Like Josh, he showed improvement after sitting on the bench a bit this past season. I think this could be a great signing.

Yeah, the Bears were a shitshow. If he gets good coaching he could look a lot better. Hell no as a starter, hell yes as a backup for us.

42 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Why do you love it?

I honestly don’t get it. Barkley has a great rapport and chemistry with the team and Allen.  We should hope Allen doesn’t leave the field, so I don’t know why Mitch would want to come here. 

This honestly doesn’t make any sense to me. 

This is a big upgrade from Barkley.  MItch is a fringe starter at best, but is a very good backup.  If Allen went down for the year, The Bills are f'ed no matter who the backup is.  However if he went out for 4-6 weeks, you need someone to right the ship until he gets back, so they don't fall out of playoff contention.  Allen takes a ton of hits, its a good insurance policy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

What’s good, gents? What’s good? 

Is it possible that the two best QBs in the AFC EAST both play for the Bills?

It’s better n’ that, old fella.

We have the best QB room in the League

the best WR room in the League

the best DB room in the League 

the longest tenured HC,OC,DC in the league, leading a defending Conference Championship contending team

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Ditto for me. A great friend is a diehard Bears fan & I've been telling him the same. 

Pretty sure they drafted him with a pick we traded to them.. Strange how things work out sometimes..

• Like (+1) 1

Not surprising.  I said they need a backup who can allow them to run the same concepts Allen can in the event Allen misses time.  Barkley was a good mentor but Allen doesn’t need that anymore.  And Barkley doesn’t have the physical talent to keep the Bills on a championship track over several weeks if need be.

I'm not being a homer when I say this but I would be more comfortable with our backup, Trubisky, starting than I would be with the Cheaters actual starting QB playing.

In fact, with all those glitzy signing the Cheaters just had, I can't believe they didn't sign a guy like Trubisky and promise him a chance to compete for the starting spot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

There is another perspective on this.  What if the Bills think they might have difficulty making  a long-term deal with Allen. They keep Trubisky for Allen's remaining 2 years, refine his skills, and have him waiting in the wings.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1

41 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

To fall asleep I’ll go through the Bills roster in my head. Last night I was thinking about possible QB2s and Trubisky really stuck out to me as a realistic and mutually beneficial option. 

Dear God, but I love this comment and this fan base.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1