Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

Two things.

One, it is a backup with lots of starting experience. Someone that can be relied upon.

Two, if Webb or Fromm show something in the off-season and training camps, Trubisky could be dealt to a team that suffers an injury at QB.

A lot to like about this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Yes. I think we can fix Mitchy.

If by fixing him you mean letting him play in preseason with our stud WR for about two drives. Then let him close out a game we’re blowing someone out in then get market to make a video of him throwing the ball to diggs. And then get coach to tell everyone he is shredding it in practice. Then trade him for a 1 round draft pick  I’m with you 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Hilarious that anyone believes we have a QB controversy on our hands.  Just wow.

Mitch Trubisky should be an upgrade on Matt Barkley, and gives Jake Fromm another year of development before he hopefully steps into the backup role.  Last year, he wasn't even able to practice with the team.

This also has the potential to become a nice compensation pick next season.  Hopefully Josh Allen doesn't get hurt, but at the least Trubisky can put in a good performance in garbage time and when we sit our starters Week 17-18.  He could end up getting another starting spot down the line.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fallsnative01 said:

WHAT?! They really don't feel Fromm is a value in the QB. And I'm sorry but Mitch is NOT an upgrade from Matt Barkley! 

he's not great but he is a huge upgrade over Barkley

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

Dont put words in my mouth I never said. Learn to read. and now your blocked

No don't! Please don't! Give me another chance!! I can change! I WILL CHANGE just give me another chance because this matters to me.

• Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Not what you said in your first post but I expected some backpedalling after you compare this guy to Barkley. There is no comparison. trubisky is far more talented and had won far more games. Either you never watched either or are just being contrarian.

I don't watch a lot of Bears. Most clips I've seen on him in the last two years has been "oh, Trubs stalls out yet another drive and wastes an elite defense"

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I don't watch a lot of Bears. Most clips I've seen on him in the last two years has been "oh, Trubs stalls out yet another drive and wastes an elite defense"

Yep, he's not great  but a good arm and our guys get open so if he has to play I think it'll be ok

21 minutes ago, nucci said:

The contract shouldn't matter to fans. It's about improving the team.

thats why it matters, money is limited with this years cap.  So how we allocate our resources is important as each move affects the others and what can and cant be done

I like MT as a back up, however I also hope we didnt spend very much to do it...

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I have a few of his games and didn't expect him to sink to backup status so fast. Clearly an upgrade to the QB room

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Just now, TailgateChef said:

Keep in mind, this might be just the thing for Trubisky to get his career back on track.  Look what they did with Josh.  Perhaps Buffalo is now the destination for highly drafted but raw QBs to remediate.

yep and how much will his trade value go up after sitting behind Josh Allen for a year? or for any time for that matter.