Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

5 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Trubisky is the second best Qb in our divison.

At least 3 for sure.

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think people gonna be shocked how little we paid to get him.  My guess is $1.5m base plus incentives.   

My guess is 3.

1 minute ago, Success said:

Our 2 strongest positions heading into FA were QB and WR.  So, of course, that's where our 2 biggest acquisitions are.

Why not?  I like that Trubisky has a similar style to Allen, so the offense shouldn't have to change if he has to come in for any reason.

I am well past questioning Beane.  Great move.

"Eff it, make teams score 60 to beat us" -Beane, probably

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Beane already tweeted they only expect him here for a year as a rest for him.  Will be trade capital.  Fromm may be long term backup plan.  

I was just responding to the OP trying to suggest a QB controversy.  Certainly Mitch is an upgrade at backup QB for this year.  Beyond that...you never know.  

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

My first response was thinking that the Bills had lost their collective minds.  But on further review this was a solid signing.

There is no QB controversy.  This is all about upgrading the back-up position in the event Allen goes down.  I you consider how the Bills offense relies on Allen's mobility then Trubisky is a clear upgrade over Barkley.  Sometimes it's really that simple.

The other thing to keep in mind is with his contract ending after a single year when the cap increases .. he will likely leave for greener pastures next year which very likely will get a nice compensatory pick in 2 years.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Virgil said:

I honestly would rather have Matt who’s been in the offense for 2 years and knows the players.  

I don’t hate it. I just don’t get it 

The brass always talk about competition at all levels. I think it is clear that Mitch is at least marginally better than Barkley and if God forbid we lose Josh for a few games, I think Mitch has a far better chance of running a Josh Allen offense as opposed to Barkley. Good guy, but weak arm and no legs and not that imposing.

8 minutes ago, The Governor said:

A year from now maybe.

Exactly according from Beanes tweets. Here ti reset his career for a year an then move on to starting job elsewhere. Good move from that point.  Good one year insurance policy.  Will be tough in short term on josh / Barkley but Josh is too focused to let this have any significant long term impact.