Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

Jauronimo is just messing with people

Lol thanks.  I just skimmed a few pages.  I was about to really dig into it and see if there’s any more gold in here.

how about Peterman?  One dude said he’d rather have Peterman.... that true? Someone would rather have sweet Nate Pete over trubillsky?

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Trubisky is 29-21 as a starter. Barley is 4-10. Huge upgrade as the backup. 

I like Fitzy, but I'll take Trubisky over him in a New York minute

As backup, W O W!

Talk about upgrading

Edited by Figster

Very surprised. I didn’t think that back up quarterback was this big of a need, but since they did, I’m glad they addressed it with someone like Trubisky. Since his rookie season he is 25-13 as a starter.

hopefully they got him for $4 million or less. And he is not competing with Josh at all. He sign for just one year which is not long enough to compete for anything.

• Like (+1) 1

Gotta be one of the best backup QBs in the league.

64% career completion percentage, 64 TDs to 37 INTs.

Has had two seasons with QB Ratings above 94.0.

I know people like to pick on him, and as a starter -- particularly one taken third overall -- I get it. But as a backup? Great signing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Thats just crazy

The stats don't neccesarily disagree , Trubisky;s 61.3 QBR from last season would have ranked 2nd among the AFC East starters (Fitz had a higher one). It's not actually that close either. Tua was 3rd with a 52

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Trubisky is 29-21 as a starter. Barley is 4-10. Huge upgrade as the backup. 

This!  What an excellent signing.  A guy with talent who can push Josh and someone who can easily hold the fort down if Josh gets hurt.  And maybe trade bait down the road.

• Like (+1) 1

Our 2 strongest positions heading into FA were QB and WR.  So, of course, that's where our 2 biggest acquisitions are.

Why not?  I like that Trubisky has a similar style to Allen, so the offense shouldn't have to change if he has to come in for any reason.

I am well past questioning Beane.  Great move.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Signing Mitchell Trubitzky after using a high draft pick on Jake Fromm is a clear sign that every one on the team has to earn their starting role every year, week, and day.  This has serious shades of Rob Johnson and Doug Flutie.  I think the locker room is strong at this point but I really hope this isn't the start of another QB controversy.

Lets not forget, Trubixy was the SECOND OVERALL PICK in the draft not long ago.  The guy was considered a serious talent.  The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league.  One or two bad games from Allen, or god forbid an injury, and I think its very realistic we could have a debate about the starting QB and a locker room divided.

I hope I'm wrong fellas....

I assume this is sarcasm or humor? Yeah?