Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

6 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

I don't know...maybe he is useful in the case that Allen just goes down for a few games (like Drew Brees the last couple of years).  However, I keep thinking of a reporter who talked about watching a Colts practice when Peyton was the QB.  He saw Peyton getting almost all the snaps.  He talked to Polian about the fact that A) his backup qb was Jim Sorgi and B) He didn't give him any practice.  Polian's response was "If Peyton goes down we're screwed....so why waste time and money on his backup.  I kind of feel the same about Josh Allen.  I think that for me it will depend on the cost.  If Trubiski is relatively cheep...and is coming here to learn the way Josh Allen learned...then it makes sense all around.

He's coming here to be the backup QB. The Bills wanted to get better at the position and they have. it's pretty simple

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I don't get the people worrying about the price. Wasn't anyone paying attention last week when Beane re-signed a bunch of guys we didn't think we could afford, all at very affordable contracts?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Process said:

In a year where we have cap issues and bigger needs it does matter, for the exact reason you mentioned.

do you think Beane is going to sign him to a contract that hurts the cap?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Srw1525 said:

Thought we could spend cap elsewhere? Question Mark What GIF by Alex Aiono

and I think they still could

Just now, nato7412 said:

Why is the salary taking so long to come out ahhhhhhhh🥵

to give some here a stroke

My first response was thinking that the Bills had lost their collective minds.  But on further review this was a solid signing.

There is no QB controversy.  This is all about upgrading the back-up position in the event Allen goes down.  I you consider how the Bills offense relies on Allen's mobility then Trubisky is a clear upgrade over Barkley.  Sometimes it's really that simple.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Bro all you know how to do is troll these forums. When you want to talk serious football let me know because no Bills fan can possibly think with half a brain at 8 years old that Mitchell could cause locker room issues or could compete with a Josh Allen. 

This post is so beyond sick, stupid my only thought on this is that its a troll. Josh Allen can have 4 bad games in a row this coming year and NEVER would I suggest Mitchel to start unless it was Injury Related

Piff

You are just an object for my amusement.  I play, you dance.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3