Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

Signing Mitchell Trubitzky after using a high draft pick on Jake Fromm is a clear sign that every one on the team has to earn their starting role every year, week, and day.  This has serious shades of Rob Johnson and Doug Flutie.  I think the locker room is strong at this point but I really hope this isn't the start of another QB controversy.

Lets not forget, Trubixy was the SECOND OVERALL PICK in the draft not long ago.  The guy was considered a serious talent.  The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league.  One or two bad games from Allen, or god forbid an injury, and I think its very realistic we could have a debate about the starting QB and a locker room divided.

I hope I'm wrong fellas....

• Eyeroll 4
  • Shocked 2
  • Disagree 7
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Dislike 3

Well this is shocking.  Who knows,,,,just hope he doesn’t hit the field till game 17.  Rudolf already gone and ertz still unsigned and this is a priority?  What about continuity; Barkley beat the fins first team last year. He had great relationship with josh.  Don’t like this move a great deal. But.should Allen go down for 3 games maybe this makes sense. Trade bait after a year perhaps?   Ok move based on trade bait as quoted by Beane ,to be gone after a year. Barkley tweets he is gone and thanks. Rough move in about room. 

Edited by DrPJax

Does anyone remember that rumor back in 2017 that Mitch Trubisky was the QB the Bills (or Sean McDermott) liked the most? (or something like that, I can’t remember the exact rumor)?

edit - just to be clear, I don’t think he was signed for any reason but to improve the backup role. I just thought of that rumor when we signed him is all.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Virgil said:

Why do you love it?

I honestly don’t get it. Barkley has a great rapport and chemistry with the team and Allen.  We should hope Allen doesn’t leave the field, so I don’t know why Mitch would want to come here. 

This honestly doesn’t make any sense to me. 

If Allen were to get hurt and miss 4-6 games, they want a QB that they feel more comfortable with starting for a stretch.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Talk about an arrogant luxury pickup. Hope we are really as close as Beane thinks we are.

Or, will the wily “chess to your checkers”Beane be trading trubisky for a 3rd someday soon!!!

How many "Exec of the Year" awards do you have exactly? 

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, wjag said:

I guess my opinion is..  okay... but it feels like opening your Christmas morning present only to find socks.  Sure you need socks, but you were hoping for something else...  

open the other box under the tree 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It means that a multiple week injury to Allen is less likely to derail the season.  Barkley seems like a great dude, and I hope they bring him back and tell Fromm to hit the road.  But Trubisky is a piece we need if we’re going to take a run at the Super Bowl.  Love the signing. 

Don’t hate the pickup.  Just came out of nowhere.  Expected him to sign somewhere as challenger.  Maybe Vikings or Niners (don’t see Jimmy G there after this year).

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dneveu said:

If Allen were to get hurt and miss 4-6 games, they want a QB that they feel more comfortable with starting for a stretch.  

I honestly would rather have Matt who’s been in the offense for 2 years and knows the players.  

I don’t hate it. I just don’t get it 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1