JuJu to the Jets?

6 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Not really.  He’s the same dude I watched at USC.  Talented.  Flashes big plays with his arm and legs.  Sloppy with the rock.  It just looks worse in the pros because the talent week to week is consistently higher, unlike college.  So he’s not running up TDs and wins that cause fans to forget all the rough patches.

You may be right, but I think it's unfair, if not impossible, to judge any QB in a situation like the one Darnold was drafted into.

It's kind of like trying to judge a WR on the Ravens.  Not much a chance to excel.

Darnold has had the worst surrounding talent/coaching situation in the NFL since he was drafted, in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t agree with this take friend!

while Cam may be the starting QB come week 1, I have no doubt that BBs wheels are turning and he’s trying to add a qb that can throw the ball.  Whether it be Watson/Wilson or a draft pick, I can’t see him settling on Cam after watching him throw the ball last season.  

i hope you’re right, but it just doesn’t make sense imo

No worries bud.  I hear you on BB wheels, but how can he package something to get either team to play ball?  I just don’t see it.  Now you maybe right, he gives so much capital away for many years, maybe.  They’d have to give away the entire trade at 15 most rounds, and other years as those picks aren’t what Miami or the Jests can do.  Now maybe partner as BB could care less after he retires, but Kraft is signing off his team in the dessert if he approved.  

ok, I’m out.  Back to work.  You guys are a very pleasant distraction.  Just don’t want to ge fired.  🤪

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

No worries bud.  I hear you on BB wheels, but how can he package something to get either team to play ball?  I just don’t see it.  Now you maybe right, he gives so much capital away for many years, maybe.  They’d have to give away the entire trade at 15 most rounds, and other years as those picks aren’t what Miami or the Jests can do.  Now maybe partner as BB could care less after he retires, but Kraft is signing off his team in the dessert if he approved.  

ok, I’m out.  Back to work.  You guys are a very pleasant distraction.  Just don’t want to ge fired.  🤪

get back to work!! 😘

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I clearly went bat ***** crazy.

I just wanted to see how low Scottlaw could Scottlaw.  Does he really believe the Jets are better?  Let’s see!  The Jets have let you down, will you still be their Jack Dawson?

He trashed Beane to no end!

What do expect from a flat earther... 

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Nor the great Kelvin Benjamin.... at least Sammy won a SB playing an intricate part.... more than Beane can say for another ex Panther acquisition gone bad.😜

Kelvin was a entity unto himself... it as if he feared Josh passing him the ball...😁

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I feel like Russel Wilson or Watson will be traded to the Jets and then we will have a battle for the division on our hands. 

If I am either one of the those teams I am holding the Jets hostage for their 5 first rounders the next three years.

Nothing less than that to move a star QB.

Will the Jets be willing to do this? I would

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You always love the Jets offseasons.

Do you think it's because he wants #1 WR money or is it because of his shenanigan's? 

has to be the money.  He thinks he is a 1 but really is a very good 2.   Dude is perfectly fine in the community here in PGH offfield.  His on field weirdness is whatever, IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1

While I have immense confidence in the dysfunction and incompetence of the Jest ownership, they did (probably by accident) get themselves a quality HC.  There is zero chance that Saleh took that job without assurances of getting his QB this year.  Darnold is getting moved and the Jest will draft a QB. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

You may be right, but I think it's unfair, if not impossible, to judge any QB in a situation like the one Darnold was drafted into.

It's kind of like trying to judge a WR on the Ravens.  Not much a chance to excel.

Darnold has had the worst surrounding talent/coaching situation in the NFL since he was drafted, in my opinion.

If they keep him we’ll see.  The team might have better results because he can play very well, but his penchant for turnovers will bite them sooner or later.  Turnovers aren’t a new issue for him so I don’t know if that’s changing at this point.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, purple haze said:

If they keep him we’ll see.  The team might have better results because he can play very well, but his penchant for turnovers will bite them sooner or later.  Turnovers aren’t a new issue for him so I don’t know if that’s changing at this point.  

I'll never forget his first NFL pass.  Poor bastard.

• Agree 1