What Team Do FA's Not Want to Go To ?

T master

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Yes, but the Florida income tax thing (0) and nice climate.

Yep...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jets 

Cincy 

Funny thing about Cincy, @YoloinOhio, my wife keeps talking about going there, but it's because she loves zoos and Kiwi birds, and I guess Cincy has a zoo with one... Not sure NFL players care a whole heck of a lot about Kiwi birds, so... I guess... Priorities 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Funny thing about Cincy, @YoloinOhio, my wife keeps talking about going there, but it's because she loves zoos and Kiwi birds, and I guess Cincy has a zoo with one... Not sure NFL players care a whole heck of a lot about Kiwi birds, so... I guess... Priorities 🤷‍♂️

You better not tell her that Franklin Park Zoo also has Kiwis (their first chick recently hatched). Otherwise, you might end up in Boston.

• Shocked 1

Yep...

giphy.gif

That’s why you go to Tampa.  No direct hit in 100 years.  One scare in 2004, but broke to Port Charlotte.  That place looked like Lebanon after for a year.  Hurricane Charlie.  Canes don’t go into the gulf and do a 130 degree turn into Tampa.  Anything east coast sucks or the Panhandle.  Never really knew until I waited 11 hours for plywood for Charlie for my windows.  

That crap is no joke. Imagine The Bliz of 77, or the Icestorm if 76 and multiply it by 100.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

That’s why you go to Tampa.  No direct hit in 100 years.  One scare in 2004, but broke to Port Charlotte.  That place looked like Lebanon after for a year.  Hurricane Charlie.  Canes don’t go into the gulf and do a 130 degree turn into Tampa.  Anything east coast sucks or the Panhandle.  Never really knew until I waited 11 hours for plywood for Charlie for my windows.  

That crap is no joke. Imagine The Bliz of 77, or the Icestorm if 76 and multiply it by 100.

I guess that makes sense, considering the Gulf Stream's currents. Hadn't paid too much attention to where hurricanes tend to make landfall. 

12 hours ago, sherpa said:

I would put Jacksonville at the top of the list.

Poor team.

Zero personality head coach.

Lethargic fan base.

The London thing.

I was shocked to find out how much money the Jags have spent over the last decade, just to be terrible most years. It's remarkable.

I guess that makes sense, considering the Gulf Stream's currents. Hadn't paid too much attention to where hurricanes tend to make landfall. 

I wouldn’t expect people up north to do so.  The early ones in the season tend to nail the east coast coming from the Ivory Coast of Africa.  The ones later in the season seem to develop down by Mexico, and head towards occasionally the Naples area, but other times hit texas, LA, the Panhandle, etc.  these are generalities so always exceptions.  If anything the August, September ones are the ones Tampa people watch closely.  Charlie scared the hell out of us.  If it didn’t break south to Port Charlotte only 40 minutes from landfall, it would’ve made South Tampa, Katrina making it completely under water.  South Tampa is below sea level.  It would’ve destroyed this city for a decade.

• Shocked 1

I feel like since Brady has departed.. we've been hearing more and more about players not wanting to go to NE.  Prob because Belichick is a difficult coach to play for combined with the fact that they are no longer perennial SB favorites.  Other than that.. I'll echo some of the other teams people have mentioned:  Cinci, Detroit, and the 2 new jersey teams.  But those teams are mainly just not preferred b/c of instability and inability to win.  As soon as they start improving, people will want to go there again

10 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Yep...

giphy.gif

I’m not a zoo person but my zoo people rave about the Cincy zoo. I actually love the city (it’s basically Kentucky, not really Ohio) but players turn their nose up because it’s a turrible organization, they don’t even have an indoor practice facility. Absurd. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know why people keep going on about Florida and the weather. In the same regard that WNY is cold in winter, summers in Florida are basically hot enough to melt lead and crazy humid. That state would be practically uninhabitable if not for central air. 

The weather isn’t that bad over the summer.  Just like Buffalo’s winters aren’t that bad.  I live on east coast near Cocoa. Moved here in 2016. They are exact inverses of each other. Florida’s hot humid weather lasts about 5 months. In that time there are about a half dozen days where it’s just too miserable to go out. 

I laughed at people wearing parkas when the temp barely dipped below 70. But like anything you get used to it and now I really have an internal debate if I want to golf when it’s 65 out. 

Any rust belt city is probably going to be less desirable unless you field a consistent winning product.  Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit, and Cincinnati could pry rotate the last 30 years as the least desirable FA destination.

18 hours ago, gjv001 said:

Now that the Bills have a decent management, coaching staff, and are winning, I believe players are more inclined to consider playing in Buffalo. But, in my opinion, we will still have an uphill battle against warm weather low tax state teams.

I used to think that on the tax part several years ago, but I’ve seen too many players opt for other teams over the three in FL and the two in Texas.  Besides if you live in Orlando, it’s like clockwork each year there is an article in the Tampa or Orlando papers about how all of the impact fees and other taxes ends up comparing for many to the ones who have state taxes.

I think you look around the league and what teams are just a mess.  Now, it’s Jax, Detroit, the Jets, Houston, and Chicago.  Think of the teams who don’t have even remotely a QB.  When teams like SF (I think many players like Jimmy G. more than fans), AZ, GB, etc.  If it weren’t for it being Vegas, I can see players not really crazy about Gruden.  He wore out his welcome here in the 2000’s.  I know Houston is in full rebuild, but if Watson stays, I would change my mind about Houston not a destination.

Players want to be on winning teams especially a reputation for good Mgmt, coaching, and Josh Allen.  When they see what Diggs did last year, he becomes a reliable salesperson for bringing in FA talent.  

8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I wouldn’t expect people up north to do so.  The early ones in the season tend to nail the east coast coming from the Ivory Coast of Africa.  The ones later in the season seem to develop down by Mexico, and head towards occasionally the Naples area, but other times hit texas, LA, the Panhandle, etc.  these are generalities so always exceptions.  If anything the August, September ones are the ones Tampa people watch closely.  Charlie scared the hell out of us.  If it didn’t break south to Port Charlotte only 40 minutes from landfall, it would’ve made South Tampa, Katrina making it completely under water.  South Tampa is below sea level.  It would’ve destroyed this city for a decade.

I can honestly tell ROC , I am not a tough guy, but I’m not scared easily.  Charlie was a cat 5, tightly spun, and was going to destroy Tampa.  I had three babies at the time, and the roads were crazy with people trying to get out.  We put all three in the same bedroom and had the news on.  When it was heading directly to us 40 minutes to landfall, we went from watching the news to literally all three of us on our knees, holding hands saying our fathers over and over again.  My wife was crying, my oldest son was five and he was scared out of his mind.  When my buds from Buffalo were trying to kid with me, I told them a lot of people died in that storm.  Calling it a storm doesn’t even do it justice.  I’ll. Take a blizzard any day of the week.

Anyway, this is a football forum so I won’t bore you guys with more details.