As if thing weren’t bad enough, enter the protein wars 

Yup, and probably goes like this:

Eat meat you're destroying earth.

Be vegan you're saving the world.

6 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Vegan seems like a pretty healthy lifestyle tbh.  I’m not sure how one could undertake that lifestyle then eat these science project mega processed synthetic foods that look and taste like beef. How much chemistry must that take?

I often wonder if the cows weren't filled with hormones and anti biotic's and fed saw dust then the fact that the crops which they feed them like corn wasn't laced with round up (which causes cancer) then what ever substance they inject into it with the added water to make have a longer shelf life on top of all the other stuff we don't know about wasn't used just how much healthier eating beef might be ? 

Also that cows are kept (apparently with chemicals and/or hormones) falsely immpregnated to continually produce more & more milk and all this is allowed by our lovely gov't entities like the FDA, EPA,Dept. of Agriculture I can absolutely understand why some go vegan !

Then you have much less chemical intake . I wonder if when you first go vegan if you have chemical withdrawal like when heroin addicts go clean 😆

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Vegan seems like a pretty healthy lifestyle tbh.  I’m not sure how one could undertake that lifestyle then eat these science project mega processed synthetic foods that look and taste like beef. How much chemistry must that take?

simple brain chemistry is all that is required

22 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

A simple fact is that a sizable amount of the Earth's landmass is not suitable for crop production that can be fed directly to humans.  One has to look no further than WNY to see that.  WNY has a fair amount of area where the soil is too shallow or too steep to raise crops that can be fed directly to humans.  Can humans be better stewards of the land and its animals?  Absolutely.  Unbiased education is the best manner to raise awareness.  I don't listen to the beef council and I don't listen to PETA when making my daily food choices.  

Boy is the Nebraska governor a softy

This is not the first time that Mr Ricketts has lashed out at the state's western neighbour, most notably against Colorado's legal marijuana industry.

"If you legalise marijuana, you're gonna kill your kids," he said in a news conference last week, in response to a bill in the Nebraska legislature that would legalise medical cannabis there.

• Haha (+1) 1