Instigators show

BillnutinHouston

I searched for this topic and didn't see any previous discussion here, so maybe that in itself answers my question.

What do we think of this show?

I've tried to like it, but can't.  Peters and Riv seem to treat the show as a private conversation without a radio audience - they make a lot of references to things they know, without making sure the audience does.  I've been left hanging too many times.

I know they are radio host amateurs, but they've been around a bit by now and should know better.  

Thoughts?  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I searched for this topic and didn't see any previous discussion here, so maybe that in itself answers my question.

What do we think of this show?

I've tried to like it, but can't.  Peters and Riv seem to treat the show as a private conversation without a radio audience - they make a lot of references to things they know, without making sure the audience does.  I've been left hanging too many times.

I know they are radio host amateurs, but they've been around a bit by now and should know better.  

Thoughts?  

Good subject. I like the show but it definitely has its faults. It’s annoying that they seem to talk over each other constantly. I’m not sure if maybe they’re not both in the same studio or something but it happens the entire show. But I believe they are right on a lot of things. The Sabres lack toughness and they have for a long time. I’ll hang up and listen

Its 1000x better than when it was Sylvester and Peters.   It does seem like Peters has put some effort into making himself a better broadcaster and I respect that.

Overall, I think its a decent enough show.  They do a good job.  IMO Rivet is the weak link but not enough where I think he takes a ton away.

I cannot listen to it though.  I have almost no interest in the NHL right now and I have very little/no desire for Sabres news/talk.  If the Sabres ever decided to become an actual real and relevant NHL team, Im sure the show would be a good listen.

Edited by May Day 10

25 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

"Bringing a bid of old keebec eenglish do da show, dere..."

Think Birons father was a general contractor, maybe Marty might be able to offer some

image.png.15d8085e7c3b76bdd8be7375b0c30330.png

type advice. They need a lot of filler on that show.

(Not implying his Dad is like Red Green, but the way Marty sometimes explains things he can make one go hunh and laugh, like Red did with fixing things)

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Good subject. I like the show but it definitely has its faults. It’s annoying that they seem to talk over each other constantly. I’m not sure if maybe they’re not both in the same studio or something but it happens the entire show. But I believe they are right on a lot of things. The Sabres lack toughness and they have for a long time. I’ll hang up and listen

They’re all doing the show from their homes so there’s the Zoom effect of not recognizing when someone is done talking. I find Rivet a bit contrarian. He seems to think only his opinion is valid. And last year he was dismissive of Covid and the safety guidelines.

it’s best when Marty is on, or they have guests like Friedman or Drager.

Seeing as the Sabres are absolutely garbage I never listen to the show. 

I listen to the previous hours of Howard and Jeremy.

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

"Bringing a bid of old keebec eenglish do da show, dere..."

For some reason that was so hard for me to read but so worth it.

Edited by TBBills

If something big is going down (like recently with the coaching change), I will listen to them.

Otherwise, I don't listen.

Their habit of constantly talking over each other (sometimes all 3 are talking at the same time when Marty is on the show) makes it unlistenable.

I can't believe there isn't some sort of broadcasting professional at WGR-550 correcting them on this.

God knows those 2 guys never took an undergrad communications class.  

LOL

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/18/2021 at 5:42 PM, TBBills said:

Seeing as the Sabres are absolutely garbage I never listen to the show. 

I listen to the previous hours of Howard and Jeremy.

For some reason that was so hard for me to read but so worth it.

Howard and Jeremy are definitely the best on the station and it’s not even close. I’ll listen to One Bills Live during the season and maybe before the draft

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.