Phillip Lindsay Released

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Singletary took one to the house against Denver when the game was already a blowout.  That’s all I remember longer than 20ish for the score. 

Give me Lindsey for sure

Devin actually was one of the top RBs as a rookie in 20+ runs despite not being a full time starter the whole year with Gore here.  

This notion around here that Devin can’t break big runs is pretty inaccurate.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Devin actually was one of the top RBs as a rookie in 20+ runs despite not being a full time starter the whole year with Gore here.  

Long TD runs.  Take it to the house runs.  How many TD runs longer than 20 does he have? Im guessing 2

• Like (+1) 1

Nice, I've been calling for Lindsay for months. He is so twitchy and quick, a completely different back than Singletary. Plus a humble, hard working 1000% process guy. It's kind of sad really that Denver's cutting ties with him considering his status here, but they're a mess of an organization anyway. He's going to make some fanbase happy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Long TD runs.  Take it to the house runs.  How many TD runs longer than 20 does he have? Im guessing 2

But the league leaders in that do it a couple times a year. 

Are you only going to count runs over 20 yards if they are TDs?  That doesn’t really seem like a relevant stat IMO.  I mean Devin has a career avg of 4.8 YPC which is pretty good.  

Im not saying it wouldn’t be good to get a speedy back, I just don’t get why people are so down on Devin.  He’s still a pretty good RB

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Are you only going to count runs over 20 yards if they are TDs?  That doesn’t really seem like a relevant stat IMO.  I mean Devin has a career avg of 4.8 YPC which is pretty good.  

Im not saying it wouldn’t be good to get a speedy back, I just don’t get why people are so down on Devin.  He’s still a pretty good RB

You can think he’s good all you like.  I don’t look at stats to determine if I think a player is good or not.  I don’t think he’s terrible.  I just don’t think he’s a good compliment to the other back on the team that I believe is better than him.  He has big drops in big situations and those things matter.  I want to trust my rb is going to make the catch when he’s wide open and can possibly score a TD in the AFCCG.

we simply see things differently and that’s ok 

• Like (+1) 1

Devin isn't bad. People like shiny new objects and Moss is still more interesting, and admittedly I fall into that camp as well, but there's no guarantee that he's a better back than Singletary right now despite a lot of people assuming so. I hope and think he'll be good but he didn't really do anything last year to separate from Singletary. I'm open to replacing one of them.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think the point to be made is Devin doesn't have runaway from guys ability. Agreeing with what you are saying how many long runs does he stand to get? And can we really rely on him to break a 20 30 yards most games? He's turned into a dancer and sometimes he hits the corner... but he hasn't the pull away speed, in the least to be a REAL threat when he touches the ball

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You can think he’s good all you like.  I don’t look at stats to determine if I think a player is good or not.  I don’t think he’s terrible.  I just don’t think he’s a good compliment to the other back on the team that I believe is better than him.  He has big drops in big situations and those things matter.  I want to trust my rb is going to make the catch when he’s wide open and can possibly score a TD in the AFCCG.

we simply see things differently and that’s ok 

All good man.  I’m just trying to understand the reason Devin’s fallen so much for some people.  

I like Lindsey, and would be excited if we signed him.  I just don’t feel desperate either at RB.  And yes, that was a big drop, but it’s also one play and he’s made a lot of very good plays for us.  He’s not perfect, but he’s also not remotely close to the reason we lost that game.

So while I was also pissed when he dropped it, I’m not gonna also disregard all the big plays he’s made for us too.  

Just think Devin has been getting a bit of a bad rap this offseason, and honestly I think it mostly stems from that one play as the main catalyst for that. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Depends on how you interpret the data. Last year, Singletary pretty much did nothing. Granted its not all his fault. The Bills were very very pass orientated and the Oline generally didn't block well on run plays. His rookie year was fun to watch and he seemed more confident, hungry, and explosive. Last year, I felt little to excitement or confidence when he was on the field. I'd argue that Moss was the more effective runner. In concluding, his rookie year he was able have some long runs. Last year, was the complete opposite. Truly  disappointing in almost all phases. Who knows which Singletary the Bills get this year? I'd add the Bills brass went out and drafted Moss for a reason. My eyeball test says Lindsay is a better fit for the Bills. Not even close in my mind. I'd do a swap in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t want to discuss stats. I watch every game.  Then I watch the game 3 more times. Usually twice on all 22.  After watching every game of his several times for two years, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’d prefer if he didn’t get any carries and was replaced with a rb that has more reliable hands and has breakaway speed.  

That’s pretty much it 

I don’t feel he is a good compliment to Moss.  He’s a decent rb.  I like the kid but feel we could do better at the position and would hope that Beane feels the same.  I don’t think he sucks.  I don’t think he’s for this team.

you disagree.  I get it.  I like him too, but I have a different vision of what I feel is best for this team

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t want to discuss stats. I watch every game.  Then I watch the game 3 more times. Usually twice on all 22.  After watching every game of his several times for two years, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’d prefer if he didn’t get any carries and was replaced with a rb that has more reliable hands and has breakaway speed.  

That’s pretty much it 

I don’t feel he is a good compliment to Moss.  He’s a decent rb.  I like the kid but feel we could do better at the position and would hope that Beane feels the same.  I don’t think he sucks.  I don’t think he’s for this team.

you disagree.  I get it.  I like him too, but I have a different vision of what I feel is best for this team

What this post told me is that a) you have altogether too much free time and b) see a)

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

That’s pretty much it 

Like I said, it’s all good.  Wasn’t trying to attack your opinion or anything.

But...I will add, you and others have said “Moss was the more effective runner” yet statistically Devin beat him every single category except TDs where Moss had 2 more, because he got more goal line carries.  

And like I said, I’m all for bringing Lindsey in.  I’ve just been surprised a bit by how much Devin fell out of favor around here.  

For me, Dabolls run schemes and game plans were the bigger issue for our run game.  Not to mention how prolific our passing offense was.  

I do agree they don’t compliment each other well enough though, which is why I would be excited too if we signed Lindsey who I think could be a good third down back for us.  

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That’s somewhat deceptive for the conversation regarding speed as most of those longer runs came from his ability to make guys miss in the gaps (which is definitely valuable) and not cause he got the edge and was too fast for front-7 players. 

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree. Lindsey is a much better player than Singletary. When have you seen Singletary take one to the house? The guy can't get into the end zone. Lindsay can break one and score. 

He’s also better than the Bills second best running back., Zack Moss.

7 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

What this post told me is that a) you have altogether too much free time and b) see a)

And that's a bad thing? I've never understood why people get snobbish and say "you have way to much time on your hands" like it's gonna make people upset. Lol.