Phillip Lindsay Released

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I wouldn't hate it but I think we can get a speedy RB in the draft. I don't see a need to spend money on one.

Boooooooo Boooooooo, this is why Happy Days was cancelled

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dpberr said:

He's always been a productive running back.  It's just that you're always on borrowed time with him unfortunately.  Hard runner, elusive.  As others have said, he's cranked out 1,000 yard seasons in a middling Broncos offense.  

The issue is that he has a LONG history of significant knee injuries.  Has torn ACLs in high school, college and in the NFL.  Those knee injuries now may be affecting his hips as those too now are getting dinged to the point he missed games over them.

I'd that his career longevity isn't fantastic and the Broncos didn't want to invest long-term and he's looking for that long term contract.   

Luckily for us, I doubt there’s any team looking to invest in him long term. 

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Luckily for us, I doubt there’s any team looking to invest in him long term. 

I agree.  If it were my money being spent, I'd be comfortable with a 1+option year type of deal.  I'm all for adding a variety of skill sets at RB. Just wouldn't want to be on the hook for a lot of guaranteed money.  

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Does seem like he’d be a really nice fit with Moss.  Singletary can fill the Yeldon role.  He’s still cheap and RB’s get hurt a lot.  

Lindsay ran a 4.39 and I believe DS ran a blazing 4.64.....I'd have no problem signing him to a 2 yr deal worth 4M. Moss becomes RB2 and DS can battle Williams for that 3rd spot. I'd prefer a Najee Harris or Chris Carson but that may not happen. Lindsay would give us the outside speed we've lacked.  If we don't build a better running game, we're not beating KC.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Lindsay ran a 4.39 and I believe DS ran a blazing 4.64.....I'd have no problem signing him to a 2 yr deal worth 4M. Moss becomes RB2 and DS can battle Williams for that 3rd spot. I'd prefer a Najee Harris or Chris Carson but that may not happen. Lindsay would give us the outside speed we've lacked.  If we don't build a better running game, we're not beating KC.

I would think Moss I would be RB1 and Lindsey RB2 change of pace.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Tender

Or Tinder.

Hes quick and I don’t like FA RB’s, but only if he is cheap.  Otherwise no.  Drat Ettiene.  It’s not like we are getting an Edge Rusher at 30.  Then again a couple of guys are getting me excited about the Mack thing.  That would far outweigh anyone if even remotely possible.

Edited by machine gun kelly

If we could somehow unload singletary for a 6th round pick or so I'd be all for bringing in Lindsay at a reasonable price. 

I'm ready to give up on him and upgrade, either with a cheap FA or draft pick. He just stinks, doesn't bring anything to the table. 

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I would think Moss I would be RB1 and Lindsey RB2 change of pace.  

Seems like a perfect combo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If they are going to really change the dynamic of this team, they need a player that creates mismatches at RB or TE. I just don't see Lindsey doing that. Kind of like when Thurman was drafted and it impacted everything. I would love to see Travis Etienne or Kenneth Gainwell in the draft. Guys with receiving ability and the chance to take it to the house, would put our offense on KC's level. Imagine Etienne in the backfield and going in motion with Ertz at TE and Diggs, Sanders and Beasley at WR. IMO, I think that type of player is a game changer. 

• Agree 4

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Or Tinder.

Hes quick and I don’t like FA RB’s, but only if he is cheap.  Otherwise no.  Drat Ettiene.  It’s not like we are getting an Edge Rusher at 30.  Then again a couple of guys are getting me excited about the Mack thing.  That would far outweigh anyone if even remotely possible.

We may not get a pass rusher that will make an immediate impact in 2020 @30, but there are several players that have the ability to become solid edge rushers.  

No chance Paye falls imo, but possibly
Phillips or Rousseau.

if they’re gone, these guys all have potential to be solid nfl pass rushers:  
Ossai

Ojulari

oweh

perkins

basham 

Payton turner

patrick Jones

Not all perfect fits....but all capable to putting pressure on the QB. 

if Etienne is the pick, I won’t be mad, but I think I’d rather sign Lindsey (or another Rb with some speed) or draft Gainwell/Carter

later in the draft.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Sound the alarm!!!

BADOLBILZ in 3....2...1

Yes, I think he's a fit.

And I also will be right back here arguing against giving him a good contract if he comes in here and repeats the huge numbers he put up as a rookie in 2018.;)

They just need some speed at RB to provide a change of pace.........he should be that and also be motivated in a contract year.

He is legitimately fast..........faster than Etienne who is just "fast for a RB" and the team should take the position that a first round pick is the equivalent of $20M in cap space........you don't use those picks on runnin' bax even if Buddy Nix says you need one.

45 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

He does seem to fit a need

If the need is getting Josh killed because his RB can’t pick up a blitz to save his life, Lindsay is your guy.  He was pretty good runner, but he doesn’t do much in terms of receiving and is a huge liability blocking.  He’s also broken.