Phillip Lindsay Released

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd love that but doubtful McBeane give up on a 3rd round pick this early. 

Agree Lindsey is a great fit. We just have way too many RBs(slow RBs too) for them to invest FA money into, IMO. 

Yeah we need to add a speed element to our backfield whether it's an FA on low money like Lindsay or Matt Breida or through the draft (Javian Hawkins or Kenneth Gainwell maybe?).

Speaking of giving up on third round picks, how about the Patriots drafting two TEs in the third round just last year and then giving the two highest guaranteed money deals to Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry after one season? They upgraded the position, but what a incredible misuse of resources. This board would be on fire if we did something like that. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, berg1029 said:

He may want to be "the guy" somewhere, since he has always had to share duties in Denver.  While I agree with everyone that he would be a great addition, but I doubt he wants to come here knowing that there are 2 other RBs who will also be getting the ball

Highly doubt Moss or Singletary would scare him away.  Almost every team in the League has better RB’s than those 2.  

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Aside from the topic, but I did not know a RFA tender could be rescinded.  Are there rules around this?

It seems as though it could potentially be unfair to the player, if he's given a tender that deters other teams from offering for him because of the draft pick associated with it, then after the first 2 days of FA when teams in need look elsewhere to fill their needs, it's rescinded.

I guess it depends on how you count Christian Wade?

It sounds like Lindsay requested that it be rescinded 

I forgot about Wade mainly as I don’t personally consider him as a viable option to make the 53. I think he’s a PS guy who helps with their fun little videos. He would take up a regular spot on the PS now though and could technically play in a game if needed so that would be a jump for him.

Edited by YoloinOhio

52 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

I live in Denver and have followed Lindsay since his transition from Denver East HS, to CU, to Broncos.  Great guy, big heart, but is basically the same back as Singletary.  I would love to have him on our team, but not both him and DS.

Very different runners. Im not sure what you mean? Singletary is a very patient east/west runner. Lindsay more north/south if you get my point.

25 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Yeah we need to add a speed element to our backfield whether it's an FA on low money like Lindsay or Matt Breida or through the draft (Javian Hawkins or Kenneth Gainwell maybe?).

Speaking of giving up on third round picks, how about the Patriots drafting two TEs in the third round just last year and then giving the two highest guaranteed money deals to Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry after one season? They upgraded the position, but what a incredible misuse of resources. This board would be on fire if we did something like that. 

And let’s not forget both Jonnu and Henry are now tied ($12.5M per year each) as the third highest paid TEs in the league behind only Kittle and Kelce. Yet they combine to average just 900 yards a season with Jonnu averaging 350 yards a season and Henry averaging 550 season.  Jonnu has never even reached 500 yards while Henry has never reached 700 yards.

So they committed $25m a year to these guys after also paying Agholor (who can’t catch, who would be 4th on depth chart here, averages 568 yards per year, and has never reached 900 yards in a season) at WR the same as Diggs.  

That’s $38M a year to 3 guys who combine to average 1368 yards a year, which is significantly less than Diggs by himself totaled this season.  

Lmao at the Pats.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

That would be great, then we'd have three RB's all with about equal overall skills and talents.  Then each week there can be multiple 10 page threads arguing and debating over whichever one of the three was inactive that week was a huge mistake and that was why our running game struggled in the game.  Plus at least a third thread stating we should have activated Williams every week and all problems solved!

IMO if they are going to sign/draft another RB, lets make it someone who is head and shoulders better than the ones currently on the roster, else stick with what you got.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thats where I am but they do kind of need to sign one too. They only have three on the roster, correct? Yeldon and Jones both FA. 

Wade doesn't actually count towards the roster (International Player designation)

And on topic of Lindsay - I'd take him if the price was right.

I like Moss, but I’d take literally anybody over Singletary after this past season.   

Maybe that’s not fair to him, but I’d take a Lindsay Phillips over him, let alone Phillip Lindsay. 

Edited by SCBills

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It sounds like Lindsay requested that it be rescinded 

I forgot about Wade mainly as I don’t personally consider him as a viable option to make the 53. I think he’s a PS guy who helps with their fun little videos. He would take up a regular spot on the PS now though and could technically play in a game if needed so that would be a jump for him.

I have wondered if Wade's understanding of blocking has developed to the point where they might consider him for special teams use.

He's always been a productive running back.  It's just that you're always on borrowed time with him unfortunately.  Hard runner, elusive.  As others have said, he's cranked out 1,000 yard seasons in a middling Broncos offense.  

The issue is that he has a LONG history of significant knee injuries.  Has torn ACLs in high school, college and in the NFL.  Those knee injuries now may be affecting his hips as those too now are getting dinged to the point he missed games over them.

I'd speculate that his career longevity isn't fantastic and the Broncos didn't want to invest long-term and he's looking for that long term contract.   

• Like (+1) 1