Phillip Lindsay Released

9 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Rotoworld just announced that they rescinded his tender.  

I think he could be a solid fit for the right price.  I’d like him over some of the guys in the draft.  Gordon was clearly the better back against us though 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Rotoworld just announced that they rescinded his tender.  

I think he could be a solid fit for the right price.  I’d like him over some of the guys in the draft.  Gordon was clearly the better back against us though 

I like him better than anyone besides the generally recognized top 3.  Would still love Williams from UNC (my top after Harris).  

5 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

The disrespect for this man. 

So true. Has like back to back 1000 yard seasons or something close to that at least, and they bring in Gordon .

Has another descent year in a terrible offence, and then they release him lol. I don’t get it.

He may want to be "the guy" somewhere, since he has always had to share duties in Denver.  While I agree with everyone that he would be a great addition, but I doubt he wants to come here knowing that there are 2 other RBs who will also be getting the ball

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Srw1525 said:

I would definitely take a flyer in him for the right price. Good vet to help the guys in the room

He can’t give them his speed. Also, he’s only one year further into his career than Motor, so experience isn’t his largest attribute. 

Just now, berg1029 said:

He may want to be "the guy" somewhere, since he has always had to share duties in Denver.  While I agree with everyone that he would be a great addition, but I doubt he wants to come here knowing that there are 2 other RBs who will also be getting the ball

He’d be lead back in that room unquestionably.

18 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

I live in Denver and have followed Lindsay since his transition from Denver East HS, to CU, to Broncos.  Great guy, big heart, but is basically the same back as Singletary.  I would love to have him on our team, but not both him and DS.

Motor and Lindsey are the same player?   Lindsey ran a 4.39 40.....very fast for a RB.  Motor ran a 4.66.  Motor has more agility and stop and go potential, but Lindsey is good in that respect as well.  He can make defenders miss and then take it to the house. Motor makes them only to get taken down a few steps later.  I think motor has broken 1 long TD in his time in Buffalo. 

Ive watched a bunch of Lindsey but will let you take the reigns as you obviously Know more about him in all respects.  What makes them similar other than being short?

1 minute ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Nope. Just draft one. Too much $$

What’s too much money?  How much do you think he’ll get paid?

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s not released, he’s a FA. The Broncos tendered him as an RFA and then rescinded it. 

Aside from the topic, but I did not know a RFA tender could be rescinded.  Are there rules around this?

It seems as though it could potentially be unfair to the player, if he's given a tender that deters other teams from offering for him because of the draft pick associated with it, then after the first 2 days of FA when teams in need look elsewhere to fill their needs, it's rescinded.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thats where I am but they do kind of need to sign one too. They only have three on the roster, correct? Yeldon and Jones both FA. 

I guess it depends on how you count Christian Wade?

29 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

I live in Denver and have followed Lindsay since his transition from Denver East HS, to CU, to Broncos.  Great guy, big heart, but is basically the same back as Singletary.  I would love to have him on our team, but not both him and DS.

In Denver as well and I would be shocked if the Donkeys let him leave town.   He's a source of pride and a symbol here for local sports.