Phillip Lindsay Released

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

And that's a bad thing? I've never understood why people get snobbish and say "you have way to much time on your hands" like it's gonna make people upset. Lol. 

I have kids. It’s a combination of jealousy and “ doesn’t anyone in your life see you as much as you see your TV?”

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I have kids. It’s a combination of jealousy and “ doesn’t anyone in your life see you as much as you see your TV?”

I think it's more just jealousy from people that have kids because they don't get any free time anymore. I'm single and no kids so after a day at work my day is mine to do whatever I want. That's all fine by me

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Like I said, it’s all good.  Wasn’t trying to attack your opinion or anything.

But...I will add, you and others have said “Moss was the more effective runner” yet statistically Devin beat him every single category except TDs where Moss had 2 more, because he got more goal line carries.  

And like I said, I’m all for bringing Lindsey in.  I’ve just been surprised a bit by how much Devin fell out of favor around here.  

For me, Dabolls run schemes and game plans were the bigger issue for our run game.  Not to mention how prolific our passing offense was.  

I do agree they don’t compliment each other well enough though, which is why I would be excited too if we signed Lindsey who I think could be a good third down back for us.  

the problem with “stats” is that they don’t take into account game situation and score, down and distance etc.  

you say that motor had a better season based on stats.  How?  4.4 to 4.3?  A difference of 6 yards per game?  How many games did motor play without Moss?  How many games did Moss play without motor? How many carries did Moss have on 3rd and short with the d looking to stop the run? How many did motor?  How many times did Moss get a carry on the 1-2yard line where the d is stacked to stop it?  How many did motor have?  

There are so many variables that go into the stats.  I just use my eyes.  I don’t think Moss is a great rb by any means, but when he came back from his initial initial (toe iirc?) he looked tougher to bring down and his second effort was impressive.  I feel that he’s good enough to win with but that he needs a running mate that better compliments him. Gimme Moss and Gainwell!

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Explain please?

Just last season he hurt his foot in the opener and missed 3 games.  Later in the season he had a concussion.  Then he finished the season on IR with injuries to his hip and knee.  He’s a little guy, and he’s taken a beating.

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But the league leaders in that do it a couple times a year. 

Are you only going to count runs over 20 yards if they are TDs?  That doesn’t really seem like a relevant stat IMO.  I mean Devin has a career avg of 4.8 YPC which is pretty good.  

Im not saying it wouldn’t be good to get a speedy back, I just don’t get why people are so down on Devin.  He’s still a pretty good RB

Devin is fine. 

I believe Lindsay’s Skillset is preferred.

1 hour ago, inaugural balls said:

Devin is fine. 

I believe Lindsay’s Skillset is preferred.

My concern with Lindsay (and the like) is his stature and our pass first offense. Can he block or pick up a blitz if needed? Like the speed factor, but both Moss and Singletary seem do it pretty well from what I recall. I don't know, so don't kill me over the question... LOL..

5 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

My concern with Lindsay (and the like) is his stature and our pass first offense. Can he block or pick up a blitz if needed? Like the speed factor, but both Moss and Singletary seem do it pretty well from what I recall. I don't know, so don't kill me over the question... LOL..

Above my pay grade. 

I do know he runs like his hair is on fire. 

8 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I don't think he's generally considered a good pass blocker or pass catcher out of the backfield. I like him a lot as a player but I'm not sure he's really a good fit here; perhaps as a direct replacement for Singletary but I've thought what we're really missing is a Jamaal Williams type and that isn't Lindsay.

7 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I don't think he's generally considered a good pass blocker or pass catcher out of the backfield. I like him a lot as a player but I'm not sure he's really a good fit here; perhaps as a direct replacement for Singletary but I've thought what we're really missing is a Jamaal Williams type and that isn't Lindsay.

Thanks. Nothing against the vertically challenged or smaller backs. I am just old and think a bigger back is needed and Rhamondre Stevenson keeps popping up when I look at later round RB's. Just getting into possible RBs in this draft class and where we might look add one.

21 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

From watching the Donkeys more than I want to he's is a decent pass receiver.  His stats are not the greatest but he has a bunch of

bad QBs throwing the ball with a bad offense.  I remember a couple of years ago the Bronco fans screaming when Flacco would

throw 6 yards at him and hit his feet.

I along with everyone else am not sure on his pass blocking skills.  I am interested in him if he takes less than expected.