Phillip Lindsay Released

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah.....he’s fast.  If we don’t want to draft a RB, we should look into signing Lindsey as long as it’s not too much $z

marlon mack signed 1 year 2M.  If we can get lindsey for 2-3M a year, I think we should.  He gives us a rb with speed to the corner and can take it to the house.  Make motor our 3rd rb that never dresses.  

Agree.  There are a lot of FA RBs out there and I hope they can do something to get Lindsay on the team.

Living in Colorado I've watched him a lot and he is the type of back I feel the Bills need.

Catches the ball well and he doesn't fumble he can also return a punt or KO if needed to in an emergency.

Added bonus he knows KC and has played well against them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes, I think he's a fit.

And I also will be right back here arguing against giving him a good contract if he comes in here and repeats the huge numbers he put up as a rookie in 2018.;)

They just need some speed at RB to provide a change of pace.........he should be that and also be motivated in a contract year.

He is legitimately fast..........faster than Etienne who is just "fast for a RB" and the team should take the position that a first round pick is the equivalent of $20M in cap space........you don't use those picks on runnin' bax even if Buddy Nix says you need one.

Preach brother 😎

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He is legitimately fast..........faster than Etienne who is just "fast for a RB" and the team should take the position that a first round pick is the equivalent of $20M in cap space........you don't use those picks on runnin' bax even if Buddy Nix says you need one.

I miss old Foghorn Leghorn...for the quotes not the transactions.  Talking down about the Raiders at your introductory press conference really ranks up there.

Even if he did draft CJ Spiller with his first draft pick. :lol:

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I miss old Foghorn Leghorn...for the quotes not the transactions.  Talking down about the Raiders at your introductory press conference really ranks up there.

Even if he did draft CJ Spiller with his first draft pick. :lol:

Gotta have someone at the most essential position on the team:  waterbug

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

@BringBackFlutie

It seems like the Bills want to add a quick, shifty running back with pass game utility and dynamic open field ability...

Any ideas?

I've got someone in mind...  starts with a "C" and ends in "iller."  But it's a full package.  Need Chan Gailey and Fitz to make it all work.

15 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Tough inside runner. Strong yes at the right price

Yeah there is this notion here........probably because the Bills backs are slow...........that speed backs can just make a living running outside the tackles.

But the yards are to be had inside.    The guard/tackle gap is the new "outside" run.     It doesn't pay very often to bounce it toward the sideline against fast, undersized LB's that are most at home tackling a RB on the side rather than face up(where it hurts).

Lindsay does a solid job of working thru the line and then he has that burst that Moss and Motor lack and can quickly eat up another 8-10 yards.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

I live in Denver and have followed Lindsay since his transition from Denver South HS, to CU, to Broncos.  Great guy, big heart, but is basically the same back as Singletary.  I would love to have him on our team, but not both him and DS.

Lindsay 4.39

Singletary 4.66

So really not the same type of back at all

45 minutes ago, mannc said:

Why did Denver cut him?  

He was unhappy in Denver.    He criticized the OC in the media last season.   I think them going out and paying Melvin Gordon when he was running for 1,000+ yards and playing on UDFA money........as a local kid.......really irritated him.

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

Motor and Lindsey are the same player?   Lindsey ran a 4.39 40.....very fast for a RB.  Motor ran a 4.66.  Motor has more agility and stop and go potential, but Lindsey is good in that respect as well.  He can make defenders miss and then take it to the house. Motor makes them only to get taken down a few steps later.  I think motor has broken 1 long TD in his time in Buffalo. 

Ive watched a bunch of Lindsey but will let you take the reigns as you obviously Know more about him in all respects.  What makes them similar other than being short?

What’s too much money?  How much do you think he’ll get paid?

I was going to say, he looks like he has some gears to him. He can catch too cant he?

1 year prove it deal sharing the load with Moss. That would be nice

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, billieve420 said:

Sign Lindsay and move Singletary. I think he is an upgrade over Singletary just based on speed alone.

I agree. Lindsey is a much better player than Singletary. When have you seen Singletary take one to the house? The guy can't get into the end zone. Lindsay can break one and score. 

57 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree. Lindsey is a much better player than Singletary. When have you seen Singletary take one to the house? The guy can't get into the end zone. Lindsay can break one and score. 

Singletary took one to the house against Denver when the game was already a blowout.  That’s all I remember longer than 20ish for the score. 

Give me Lindsey for sure

• Like (+1) 2