Beane/McD zoom call today at 2pm

2 minutes ago, BTB said:

I’d be shocked it this was to announce a trade or big name FA signing.  Word would already be leaking out.  Like others said, nothing more than we are glad to re-sign Williams, Milano and Feliciano...and welcome aboard Emmanuel Sanders. 

I don’t know.  If the narrative has been keep the core together, yet acknowledgment that the TE room needs to improve and Lee Smith has been traded, doesn’t it make sense that a separate vet TE will be brought in?

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I don’t know.  If the narrative has been keep the core together, yet acknowledgment that the TE room needs to improve and Lee Smith has been traded, doesn’t it make sense that a separate vet TE will be brought in?

Possibly on draft day.

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yea, I agree with you for the most part.  

I would only say that the Chiefs saw a weakness at OL and dismantled it.  

I’m going to need to see a lot more from Addison/Butler and co., before I feel like we made the right move by not cutting all 3 underperforming DL acquisitions from last year to go after a pass rusher who’s, at least, younger with more upside.  

Agree on the Chiefs oline, but its only in theory right now.  The dismantling has to pay off.    They signed two very good guards, but still need tackles.

I was very surprised they didn't move on from Addison and Butler, but I wasn't overly impressed with the Free Agent pass rushers either.    Free Agents tend to get this sort of narrative behind them because they are new and exciting, but you also have to remember they are available for a reason.   It's important to use free agency to supplement.  Hopefully they can find an edge rusher in the draft!

I'm at the point to think its addition by subtraction.  Good teams usually lose a lot of good core players in FA. We did not. 

All of our core pieces remain intact. Many of these players are showing improvement each year and understanding their roles on the team and play execution and assignments.  Some players didn't justify the cost of their production and they were let go.  

Those holes are being identified and filled. Haak gives us a punter who can pinpoint inside the 20 consistently. It comes at the cost of an inconsistent Bojo who could boom far but that's not needed as much when your offense can move the ball.  Sanders fills in for Brown and to me it's a wash. Sanders does some things better that fit into our offensive scheme. When you have 3 guys that can separate and 2 who make consistent contested catches playing with a QB who can rifle the ball into tight windows, that is going to be hard to stop. 

I think RB/TE will be addressed and we will upgrade from Kroft/Smith and Yeldon/Jones. There's a lot of serviceable FA out there and the Bills FO has shown the ability to draft well and deep. I think from this we draft one Day 1 or Day 2 and sign a vet. 

What's really left to fill before the draft?  DE/EDGE that can get sacks and disrupt the QB.  Epenesa was showing a lot of improvement over the year and I think he will step up and be a solid part of the rotation. I think we trade or find one early in the draft.

CB#2. As the market settles, I think we take a flier on someone and draft a CB Day2.  As is, we definitely make the playoffs. but I think Beane will continue to improve the roster for a SB run.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Agree on the Chiefs oline, but its only in theory right now.  The dismantling has to pay off.    They signed two very good guards, but still need tackles.

I was very surprised they didn't move on from Addison and Butler, but I wasn't overly impressed with the Free Agent pass rushers either.    Free Agents tend to get this sort of narrative behind them because they are new and exciting, but you also have to remember they are available for a reason.   It's important to use free agency to supplement.  Hopefully they can find an edge rusher in the draft!

I probably would've taken a chance on Ngakoue or Lawson, given we aren't going to be in a position to take an immediate impact DE (most likely).  

However, I can't argue with the logic... Dupree/Judon don't really fit our defense.  Ngakoue has been on like 10 teams in 2 years and Lawson is good/not great with 2 ACL surgeries already.  

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Most likely to talk about how happy they are to resign their own and not to expect anything else.  Meanwhile teams trolls around you like the Patroits @Niagara Dude have brought in new talent classic troll methodology and ket the inability to spell three-letter words, such as "key".

There... I fixed it for you.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Bills have done nothing to close the gap with the Chiefs.

I agree and you have some people getting pissed for mentioning this,  it is fact that we have not added a pass rusher/TE or RB with some speed. All things we needed to beat the Chiefs,  yes they cut two offensive line guys but they also signed one of the best on the free agent market

• Thank you (+1) 1

Yep pretty much Beane acknowledging they are done...other teams even cashed strapped ones made moves this guy trades Lee Smith and signs Emmanuel Sanders and calls it a day.... life’s good when Josh Allen and the Sabres front office makes everything you do look better then you actually are 

• Eyeroll 2

12 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

LMAO THANKS ,  i would love to respond but you would end up crying and then i would get in trouble. BYE BYE troller

You won so many awards for that attempt at trolling a troll police... I am sooooo jelly, right now. Wish I was as great of a troll as you, homie!