Beane/McD zoom call today at 2pm

5 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Most likely to talk about how happy they are to resign their own and not to expect anything else.  Meanwhile teams around you like the Patroits have brought in new talent and ket play makers

Severely overpaid for the guys they brought in and still have no QB.  Yeah let’s crown them champs!

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Well I think the Bucs and Chiefs were head and shoulders better teams and rosters than the Bills so I thought going into FA the onus was on the Bills to improve their roster to get to their level. 

Cant say either of them have really improved(though the Chiefs have addressed and improved their interior offensive line) but as I said both those teams are clearly more talented and the best teams in their conferences. 

Obviously still time to improve and sign FAs. To this point I'm more so confused by their approach at edge. Addison sucks. He should be gone and used that money to bring in an upgrade. Weird decision to go with him again. 

As of right now, I don't know that any of us really improved dramatically, more to the point that the Bills and Chiefs tinkered with their rosters.

The Chiefs OL was wrecked in the SB, both tackles for them had injuries, Reid decided to cut the tackles and build from the inside out.  They now have a strong interior OL but nothing at LT/RT.  Otherwise, they are basically the same team.  

The Bills had 4 injured WR's in the Chiefs game and as a result, Josh Allen had nowhere to go with the ball.... and KC knew it.   We cut John Brown, who only played 9 games and struggles against press man coverage to replace him with Emmanuel Sanders, who is strong against press man coverage.  We still lack a RB or TE that any team feels the need to truly pay attention to.  

Both our defenses were exposed.  Buffalo with a lack of pass rush and timid play against Kelce.  KC with a lack of a Plan B when officials call all their clutching/grabbing in the secondary.  Neither team has done much to address the defensive side of the ball.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BillnutinHouston said:

Why would they feel any obligation to do this?

Because that’s what organizations do.

We probably have an agreement with Ertz and/or Sherman, or we don’t, and that’s gonna be it. Basic stuff.

I'm not thinking this is some major announcement, but I also don't know why Beane/McDermott, on the 2nd day of FA, would feel the need to have a "Let's give the fans a heads up that we're done until the draft" presser.  

Why?  

Why do we, the fans, need to know this?  And I highly doubt that Beane, if approached with a deal that makes sense, is going to be like "eh, this would really help us but ya know... i already told our fans we're done... sorry, but i'll have to pass"..

• Haha (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yikes.I hope not. Did they even improve the team? 

If Sanders can stay healthy and if Star comes-in in (his) shape and motivated, yes.  Meanwhile continuity on the OL with Ford playing solely at LG and Feliciano being healthy should also be help. But there’s time to get better still. 

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Bills have done nothing to close the gap with the Chiefs.

Their OT situation should be a huge concern for them. Whether they show it or not. 

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

If Sanders can stay healthy and if Star comes-in in (his) shape and motivated, yes.  Meanwhile continuity on the OL with Ford playing solely at LG and Feliciano being healthy should also be help. But there’s time to get better still. 

Their OT situation should be a huge concern for them. Whether they show it or not. 

The FO would know better than any of us what Star and Ford can bring to the table.  That's a huge addition to the DL, and 1/5th's of the OL, that we can basically count as additions for the upcoming season.  

If Star is the same player he was and if Ford becomes the G out of college that we was supposed to be, then we're in pretty good shape... but those are big "ifs".

I'll save you all the time.

"We believe in drafting, developing and re-signing our players and I think we proved that to our fans and our team."

"I think it send a powerful message to the locker room when they look around and see that these guys who have been working hard get rewarded for their efforts."

"We have to put ourselves in the best position to win now and win in the future."

"Our priority was always going to be keeping our own guys in the building."

"We're always looking to improve at any position."

"Free agency isn't over and we still have the draft."

There you go. All done.

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love how mad people get when the Bills dont go out and sign a bunch of players.   Lets be honest, your anger has nothing to do with whether you think the team is going to be good, it has everything to do with you being bored.   If you find yourself angry about free agency you need to do yourself a favor and take a breather from message boards and social media for awhile.  Whether the Bills sign Carl Lawson or not, or if the inane rumors about Khalil Mack coming to Buffalo impact your mood that much its time for a much needed time out. 

If you have to be doing something Football related, go back and watch Josh Allen highlights you'll be reminded the team just went 13-3 and has a Franchise Quarterback for the first time in close to 30 years.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Doc said:

I believe they are drafting OTs with their first 2 picks, which is why they sank the cash into 2 veteran guards. With this being a deep OT draft, it could work out well for them.

Just now, TheBeaneBandit said:

I believe they are drafting OTs with their first 2 picks, which is why they sank the cash into 2 veteran guards. With this being a deep OT draft, it could work out well for them.

After missing out on Williams and Niang essentially being a rookie, they’ll have to go with the draft route. But it’s far from ideal. No way would I want a rookie protecting my $40 million man.

53 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Most likely to talk about how happy they are to resign their own and not to expect anything else.  Meanwhile teams around you like the Patroits have brought in new talent and ket play makers

Im struggling to understand what’s so bad about bringing back a team that went 13-3 and made it to the AFCCG.

There’s still obvious holes to fill but FA has just started and we still have the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4