Beane/McD zoom call today at 2pm

5 hours ago, The Governor said:

This is why a zoom meeting is necessary. You’re not very good at taking a hint. “Temper expectations” is probably a better way to put it.

Maybe next time don’t be so arrogant that you put down a poster who doesn’t agree with your baseless statement 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Interesting that both Beane & McDermott are saying pretty emphatically that "we can run with the guys we have".  I missed the initial question, but I wish there was a follow-up.  In multiple games the opposing D put like 5-6 defenders in the box, and we still couldn't run against those defenses.  Would love to know what the FO's plan is to address that if it's not personnel.

Just now, Cash said:

Interesting that both Beane & McDermott are saying pretty emphatically that "we can run with the guys we have".  I missed the initial question, but I wish there was a follow-up.  In multiple games the opposing D put like 5-6 defenders in the box, and we still couldn't run against those defenses.  Would love to know what the FO's plan is to address that if it's not personnel.

I don't think you should take too seriously anything they're saying right now. We're through the first wave of FA and the top DL have signed elsewhere. I'm pretty sure they're not going to come out and say anything other than what you mentioned, effectively showing their cards to the rest of the NFL.

Interesting comments on the Bojorquez situation.

Essentially, McBeane said Bojo had a good year but they wanted someone who wanted to be here long-term. (Said Bass is a young guy and that they plan on having Ferguson at LS for a long time.) 

So perhaps Bojo didn't want to be here over the long haul?

1 minute ago, junior12thman92 said:

Essentially, McBeane said Bojo had a good year but they wanted someone who wanted to be here long-term. (Said Bass is a young guy and that they plan on having Ferguson at LS for a long time.) 

Yep. 

"We weren't on the same page".

Sounds like Bojo big-timed 'em.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, junior12thman92 said:

He probably knew he wasn't going to get the same amount of playing time if Josh keeps improving.

Had his punts almost cut in half from '19 to '20 (79 - 41).

Edited by The Wiz

5 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

I don't think you should take too seriously anything they're saying right now. We're through the first wave of FA and the top DL have signed elsewhere. I'm pretty sure they're not going to come out and say anything other than what you mentioned, effectively showing their cards to the rest of the NFL.

Oh yeah, definitely not taking anything as gospel.  But both of these guys are pretty good at messaging, whether intentionally or unintentionally.  There's more than one "coachspeak" answer for any situation, and the one that BBB/McD actually use does send a message.  They could've focused more on "we're not done improving our team", but instead focused on "we can run with who we have".  Now, maybe they're just trying to make sure no one trades in front of them and takes Travis Etienne.  Or maybe they're planning on running it back unless something unexpected happens.  (Like Etienne being available in the 2nd round, or an elite O-line prospect dropping to 30 or something.)  If it's the latter, then I'm really curious what their plan is to be able to run enough to keep defenses honest.

EDIT: At least against certain defenses.  The run game was great some of the time, most notably to close out the Steelers game.  But the Chiefs and a couple other teams basically dared us to run, and shut it down with just their front 4.

Edited by Cash

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

He probably knew he wasn't going to get the same amount of playing time if Josh keeps improving.

Had his punts almost cut in half from '19 to '20 (79 - 41).

He probably wants a short-term contract to have the chance to get paid by a dome team in a few years.  Ridiculous that the media is asking about the punter instead of Ertz.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

He probably wants a short-term contract to have the chance to get paid by a dome team in a few years.  Ridiculous that the media is asking about the punter instead of Ertz.

Ertz is under contract with the Eagles, so there's not much the team can say.  The reporters know this, so they don't want to waste their limited time asking questions that won't be answered.

• Like (+1) 5

11 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Interesting.  Wonder what Bojo’s thinking is?  Money he believes he can get in FA or he just doesn’t like playing in Buffalo.  

11 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Isn’t Ertz on the Eagles still.  Pretty sure there is not a lot the Bills could say about the situation.  Not sure they could even acknowledge that they had discussions even if approved by the Eagles.

• Like (+1) 1