Bills O-line 2021

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Ford was not terrible last year at G.  It was a bad decision in 2019, but out of necessity to play him at RT.  He’s a natural G from HS and College.  If he underwhelms, Boettger once extended as I haven’t heard an extension yet is his backup.

Putting and keeping Ford at LG the entire off-, pre- and into the season should help him a lot, versus having him also compete at RT. Having said that, they should still look to improve at OG. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

No argument Doctor.  So Bones, ya got a pick you like at Guard (shameless Star Trek reference) in the draft?

Dammit Jim, I’m a doctor, not a draft analyst!

• Haha (+1) 2

That’s it I’m calling you Bones from now on.  I coughed up my water reading this one.  Not that I was driving or anything.  Another damn suit to the cleaners.

Watch for it halfway through.  Reply “you’re a little of both”.

Live long and Prosper Bones.  “Why you green blooded inhuman!”

Sorry I loved those reruns growing up.  My brother and I would try and guess the episode on channel 29 within 30 seconds after school, playing sports and when we were trying to not let our parents know we weren’t doing our hw. Yet.

And for the wisearses on the board, not saying any names (Weo, Ridge, House, Gugs), no I’ve never been to Comic-Con, have a suit, but I did watch the Big Bang theory last night.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, gobills404 said:

We're a pass heavy team and he was our best pass blocking guard last year. Boettger, Feliciano, and Ford all gave up 0 sacks and Ford averaged the most snaps between pressures allowed. He certainly hasn't lived up to expectations yet but he's far from a bad player.

Now there you go bringing facts into the conversation, talk about muddying the waters... 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I see no reason why I should assume Ford is going to start. He’s honestly been pretty bad so far. 

Beane said in his end of season presser and podcast/interviews that he felt that Ford was struggling with injuries and he would have to compete, but he felt he'd be one of the best 5 at the end of it.

At this point I think Beane has him pencilled in at LG, but competing with Boettger.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Beane said in his end of season presser and podcast/interviews that he felt that Ford was struggling with injuries and he would have to compete, but he felt he'd be one of the best 5 at the end of it.

At this point I think Beane has him pencilled in at LG, but competing with Boettger.

I didn’t watch the press conference but that makes sense

On 3/18/2021 at 1:07 AM, JGMcD2 said:

Idk. I really really hoping for us to acquire 4 All-Pro lineman this off-season. 2 G, 1 C and 1 T. Dawkins is fine for now but we could start looking for an upgrade there after this year. Evidently Beane doesn’t care too much about protecting his franchise QB or running the ball. 

Could’ve easily acquired 4 All-Pro linemen. 

Pass protection was good enough to win 10 of 11 against the toughest schedule and rugged D-lines. Running the ball might have something to do with backs that can't hit a hole or break tackles. We went empty a lot for a reason. The only game we looked unable to protect was the AFC championship after we fell behind.